Chapter thirteen.

It was a very uncomfortable next couple of days. David wouldn't come out of his room and Draco grew very, very depressed. The boy he hoped to call his own, no longer wanted to be there with him. Draco hated every moment of it, and the call to Sue, Harry ended up finishing. She agreed to try and find another place, and stop the adoption. She wanted to talk to David, so today, she was knocking on the door shortly after school. So it was Tuesday and about five in the afternoon.
Narcissa was the one who opened the door, and frowned. "I...was hoping you couldn't place him so quickly...We was hoping to change his mind..." She whispered. "I haven't put in any request. Something had to of been side to that boy, not by Draco either. I want to talk to him, because I know, personally, he been waiting to stay here." She quickly pointed out. "He's in his room, Sue." She replied and Sue nodded.

David sat on his bed, working on the days homework when Sue stood at the open door. "Now, David. What changed in the last two weeks since the last time me and you talked?" She asked and David just shook his head. "David. Draco has been nothing but good to you, and you and I both know, he wants to adopt you. What happened?" She said and that only angriered him. "Why must something of happened for me to of changed my mind?" He somewhat spatted out. "Because this is very unlike you! If it's really the case, then Draco deserves to know why your breaking his heart! You know how much he cares about you." She said, with her arms crossed. "I'm nothing like him or his family, whatever he says has to be lies. My own mother didn't even want me!" She let out a sigh. "Your mother has been in a lot of trouble, she didn't need a kid. You know this, who talked to you?" Sue said and it was quiet for a very long time. "I'll just ruin his life...Like I did theirs." He whispered and she let out a sigh before finally walking into the bedroom. She lend down, resting on her ankles between his legs. "Ignoring everything she told you, David. What is it that You really want? You don't at all seem like this is something you really want, is it?" She asked. "...I...don't want...to...But I don't want...to ruin his life...or theirs because I am so different..." He admitted and she shook her head. "You need to be here, this is where you belong. They all love you very much, very." It was quiet, for a really long time. "How...can they love me?" He asked and she gave a light smile. "Because you are a boy in need of much love. A boy in need of a family. Draco and his family, are that family. Now, please. How and when did your mother contact you?" She asked.

David explain how his mother, a dead beat, drug addict woman, contacted him. Sue couldn't really believe it. Not only had she managed to have another child serval years ago, a girl. Who was just a year younger then David. Who somehow managed to be not listed, was able to make David believe her. He followed her to some abandoned building were she had been living with her mother, and his mother just went off on him. He then pulled up his sleeve, showing the cut that wasn't healing form lack of proper care. David could somewhat care for himself, but he was only a Ten years old boy. He also explain that she was just going to keep hurting his new found sister, if he stayed with them and worsted, threaten to hurt Draco.

It took less then an hour for David's social work, Sue, to track down David's biological mother and her very small, abused and neglected, nine year old daughter.
Draco sat down beside David, who was waiting in a couple of chairs outside the hospital room of his new sister. "David...Why didn't you just talk to me?" Draco asked. "I...didn't want you hurt....I...didn't really know what to do..." He whispered. "Your just a kid, that's why. Something like this shouldn't have been on your head, I'm sorry for that." Draco replied. "Do...I still have to leave?" He whispered. "I never wanted you to leave to began with David. I hope you'd always be with me." Draco said, getting locked into a hug.

After about an hour. "What's...going to happen to my sister? Is she really my sister?" David asked and Draco nodded. "She's your half sister. Meaning, you two have different fathers. I'm going to talk with Sue, I don't exactly know what's going to happen to your sister." Draco admitted, before getting to his feet.

David sat wondering what was going to happen for nearly two more hours. He was still left wondering, but his half-sister had been clear for visitors. David slowly walked into the room, where she laid half asleep. A few small bandages covered her arms, that's just what he could see. The doctors were very shock on the condition the nine year old was left in, Bad. She wasn't even the size of a six year old. "...are...you made?" She whispered. "Nah...not your fault...But I'm not sure what's gonna happen next." He replied, as she slowly sat up. "I didn't...want to...But." she whispered, her talking even sounded like she was a little bitty kid, hardly more then a toddler. "Its fine, Draco will work it all out, I'm sure." David whispered, before slowly walking over to the hospital bed, and eased her back to lay down. no matter what, she needed to rest.