Chapter Seven

James just kept quiet as Draco pulled the blanket up over him. "Get some rest, we'll go see your father soon." Draco said softly. "Thank...You." James whispered.

Lily didn't want to lay down in her bed and Draco let out a sigh, and pulled Lily to sit back up. "What's the matter, Lily?" Draco said softly, and she whined but crawl over to Draco. She nuzzled to his chest. "Stay." She mumbled and Draco locked his arms around her. "You are, sweet girl." Draco said and she nuzzled more into his chest. "Alright...come on, let's go lay down."

The next week and half, Draco took the boys to see their father who was still in a coma. The doctors informed Draco that he was no longer on the medication to keep him asleep. Harry should wake up soon, but Hermione had called and explained to Draco better, about what would be wrong with Harry.
Harry was paralyzed, due to the car crash injuries. Meaning, he wouldn't be able to move his legs. They wasn't sure yet if he would be able to feel the need to use the bathroom or not. They wasn't too sure on the rest of his movement either, they wouldn't, until Harry woke up.

Today? School was out early and James and Albus walked to the hospital. It was just a couple miles form the elementary school and The school principal called Narcissa, who gave the permission for the two boys to walk. Draco was at work (with Lily) so it was just the two of them. Walking into the hospital room, but they were stopped. "Boys, are you here by yourselves?" Asked a nurse. "School got out early and Narcissa said we could walk here ... We know not to wonder outside his room, the doctor knows about us." James said and she eased down, smiling lightly. "Relax, your dad has been waiting to see you." She said, and both their eyes widen. "Daddy's awake?" Albus asked. "Yes. Just be careful when you hug him, okay? His back is still hurt."

"Daddy!" Both boys cried and quickly climbed up in the hospital bed. Harry had woke up that morning, and the nurses and doctors had filled Harry in. About the foster care and Draco. Harry was thankful his kids were together, and was curious to see what doctor was light these days. His arms locked around the two boys and their new Winter coats. "We missed you." James said, muffled into his chest. "I'm just glad you guys are all okay." He said hushly. They both could hear his voice sounded different. "Draco...Told us about what the doctors say. Well, kind of...He isn't good with some words and his mama is worst." James pointed out. "His mama is here too?" Harry asked. "Yeah. She watches the cousins and little bitty Koda." Harry raised an eyebrow. "Who's Koda?" Harry asked. "You two just took off without me? Little butts!" David kind of joked, standing at the hospital door. "You were talking to that girl!" Albus said, kind of ew. Other then his sister, he still thought girls were ew. "She's helping me in math. Have you called dad yet?" David said. "When you call him that in person, rather then just to us, I'll call him." James pointed out, sticking out his tongue. "I'll call him." David said, and walked away form the door. "Was that-" Harry started, but Albus shook his head. "That's Draco's foster son, David." James then lend to his ear. "The adoption is suppose to be finalized on Christmas. He's going to surprise David with it!" James said kind of excited. "Koda is Draco's nephew. His step brother, boy. But Richard calls them both his sons now. He is just a baby!" Albus said and Draco hugged the boys a little tighter.

Draco sat Lily slowly down on the hospital bed, a little before two that afternoon. She quickly climbed up the bed and nuzzled into his chest. "Boys, go find something to do for a few minutes. All three of you." Harry said, and that did make Draco nervous. Draco eased down to sit in a small chair beside the hospital bed, and really didn't know what to say or think. Harry could easily be upset with him, even if he did keep his kids. They were still enemies. "Thank you, Draco. Are...you willing to keep being their legal guardian for a while? There's...a shit ton of stuff I have to deal with, and I'll have to find another job and move and all that shit." Harry just threw out there. "Are...You needing a place to go? Do you not have a place with them? Granger said you left shortly after Lily was born." Draco said. "I did...But it's an apartment and my back is all miss up. I'm not walking and they aren't hopefully I will again, if I do, it isn't anytime soon. They can't just...give them back if I can't take care of them." Harry said and Draco went quiet for a moment. "You'd have to stay downstairs...But you're welcome to stay. The couch is pull out? Whatever that means. I never made use of it." Draco admitted and it was quiet for a while. "You'd...let me stay?" Harry asked. "I...hate for you not to be able to be with your kids. Mum might try and mother you, but she's been taking care of the baby, Lily and little Hugo during the day. A lot of little kids makes any woman go all motherly. I've seen." Draco pointed out. "...Thank you, I'm not... exactly sure how long it will be before they'll let me get out of here." Harry said. "I've made the hospital a daily thing the last couple of weeks. It'll be fine." Draco said. "Again...Thank you." Harry whispered.