The Call Home

(Munch's POV*)

The whole sqaud was sitting at our own table talking about how good Maya was playing basketball and how Nick lost to a 12 year old, 7th grade girl. When Nick had enough of us busting his balls about it, he pointed out Maya and Claire arueing. Maya looked like she was going to start crying. Then Carisi was walking toward Maya when she said something. Claire punched Maya very hard on the side of her temple and she fell to the ground.

I quickly got up and ran over there because now two other girls looked like they were going to knock Claire out. And she deserved it. We should had let them. As the others tried to split them up, i knelt down next to Maya. Her eyes were rolling around and she had blood all over the side of her face. I told Olivia to get the nurse but she couldn't wait.

I helped her up and Carisi and i walked her to the Nurse. When we got to the nurse the nurse was shocked.

"Oh my God! Sit down!" the nurse yelled at us rushing to put on gloves. We sat Maya down in the seat next to the nurses desk.

"No offense to you, but do you know what to do?" I asked the nurse who looked very nervous.

"Yes, but i never get any good action like this." She replied. "Not saying it's a good thing."

I watched her as she wiped up the blood and put a butterfly stich on Maya's head and put a bandage over it. Poor Maya. Claire has been acting like a real bitch all day.

"Okay, so since it is a head trama, you have to call her parents." the nurse told us.

"Okay." Carisi added.

"My dad's number is (619) 578-4839." Maya told us. Olivia sat with Maya while we called her dad. We left the room.

"Yea?" Maya's father answered the phone.

"Umm, yes sir, Maya has been in a been hurt." I replied to his rudeness.

"Oh really, how?" He asked, i could practically smell his drunkness.

"Well a child has assualted her, and her head was cut pretty badly." Carisi said.

"Good for that child. Now why are yoy calling me?" He asked. If i could, i would personally shoot him because he is so rude.

"well, it is pretty bad, would you like to pick her up?" I asked. it burned my body to be so politly to him, i could tell carisi felt the same way.

"Are you fucking kidding me? That little bitch can walk herself after school." He said as he hung up.

"Well, he is really shaken up." I said. "He's like a jehovah witness." (I am not being rude, he said that in a episode so no hate :) )

"I know what a bitch." Carisi said. We walked back into the nurse's office and Maya was sitting there so innocently, she didn't deserve him as a father. nobody does. "I think he's drunk." carisi said.

"I know. He is all the time." She replied.

"Is he always that mad?" I asked.

"Yea, sometimes it is worse." she replied. I sat next to her as Carisi knelt next to her. Olivia had already left.

"Has he ever put his hand on you?" I asked. She looked down and looked like she was going to start crying. She nodded. Carisi whispered to the nurse to leave the room. She did.

"Are those bruises really from basketball?" Carisi asked about her arm.

"No." She said as tear fell down her face. Then she rolled up her shirt about 4 inches so we could see her stomach. "These arn't either."

I stared at her. How could a little girl never tell anybody what her dad has done. I looked at her stomach that was bruised so badly, you couldn't see her white skin.

Carisi stood up and faced the door. He doesn't take abused kids very well. He turned back around and his face was red. "Has he ever.... um.... r" He was cut off by maya.

"Yea." She replied. (he was going to say raped btw)

"Okay. Wait here." Carisi said as he left the office. Maya stared at the floor.

"Hey, don't worry, you're not going back there tonight." I reassured her. This poor girl. Her own father. I would like to see him suffer. Some people shouldn't walk this earth. Her father is one of those people. Am i glad captain picked this school out of all twenty to give the presentation to. If not, Maya might have to go home tonight, and be hurt by her own father. But, we are going to something about it.