Why her?

(Carisi's POV*)

After the girls and I ate dinner, they went into the guest room, which will soon be Maya's, and I didn't see them the rest of the night. I went to the couch and fell asleep.

Two hours later, I woke up, and moved myself to my bed. While I was walking I checked on the girls, and they were all sound asleep.

I hopped into my bed and no sooner than a hour later, I heard high pitched screaming. I wasn't Maya's, it was her friend's, Mary-grace.

"Oh my god! No, no, no!" Maya yelled. Although I am tired, I jump up and run to her room.

When I arrive, Maya had her hands pressed against Gabby's stomach, trying to stop the bleeding of a gun wound. Gabby's eyes are open and she is crying. Mary-grace is sitting on the ground with her head between her legs crying.

The window is wide open and somebody just ran away.

"What happened?" I asked.

"He came in and tried to shoot me, but shot her instead." Maya said crying.

"Okay, keep pressure on that, Gabby stay with us. Mary-grace call 911." I said as I threw her the phone. "If anybody comes back, scream."

I grabbed my gun and gave them a baseball bat and ran out the window. I saw a man running down the street, and chased him. I heard sirens so I know Maya and her friends will be okay.

I ran faster and caught up with him. I grabbed his hood and slammed him on the ground. I pinned his arms behind him and called Amanda.

"Where are you? Maya is freaking out." She answered.

"Your already there?" I asked.

"Yea, they called me right when they received the address. Fin is trying to calm Mary-grace down, but Maya and her and both out of their minds scared."

"Well, I will be there soon. In the meantime, come 2 houses down, I have the shooter pinned down in the middle of the street." I heard her hang up and then 20 seconds later she was here cuffing the man reading him his rights.

I walked back to my house, right as the ambulance was leaving.

I walked inside to see Nick calming down Mary-grace, and Maya in the corner of the room, with her head in her hands crying. I walked over to her and put my hands under her arms and lifted her to her feet.

I brought her into a hug and put my hand on the back of her head. I felt her sob into my shirt.

"Shh.. she will be alright." I whispered into her hair.

"It's my fault." She cried.

"No it's not. Shh."

"He was aiming for me."

"How do you know that? It might had been an accident."

"No it wasn't. It was him. You asked about him before."

"Shh... come on. Lets go." I said as I pulled her out of that room. Mary-grace's mom was there pulling her out of the house and into her car and left.

"It's okay." Munch said pulling Maya into a hug. Maya looked around him, and stared as her friend left.

"Come on." I said as I got her into the back of the other Ambo.

"We just have to check your vitals." One of the EMT's said.

"I'm fine." My whispered pulling away from the EMT's grasp.

"It's mandatory procedure." He said grabbing her.

"I'm Fine!" Maya yelled making him let go of her and getting out. We hopped into my car, to go see Gabby at the hospital.