I'm So Sorry

(Maya's POV*)

I stared out the window the whole time on the to the hospital. When we arrived at the hospital, doctor kept asking if I needed assistance because I had blood on me.

"It's not hers." Carisi responded to each one.

I saw Gabby's mom in the waiting room talking to the doctor crying. Her father died when she was little, that's what we have in common, we only had one parent. Until now.

I walked up to her mom, Julie. Carisi started to talk to Rollins while I did. "I am so sorry, Julie. We were all asleep one minute and then-"

"Don't you dear call me by my first name. You are not a friend. Don't you ever talk to this family again." She said sternly and full of anger. My eyes were wide-eyed as I slowly backed up. "This is your fault!!" She scream as she lunged at me ready to fight.

This got Carisi's attention and he jumped between us. I slowly backed up until my back reached the wall. Carisi was holding her back when Rollins came over and took me into her arm.

"Come on." She said as we walked out of the hospital. "Lets go get some fresh air."

"I'm so sorry." I whispered to myself.

"Maya, this is not your fault. Okay? She just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time."

"Her mom blames me."

"She is just having a tough time getting through this." I heard Carisi say from behind. It was cold out and I had bloody cloths so I was shivering.

"Come on, lets go to the precinct so you can change, and pick this guy out of a line up." I followed Carisi to his car and we left for the precinct.

When we arrived, he walked me in with his hand on my shoulder. He walked me into captains office and I sat in a chair while he went to grab me a new outfit.

He came back with sweatpants and a t-shirt. I went to the bathroom to change. I did and came back out to see everybody sitting staring at me.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Are you sure you are ready for this?" Nick asked talking about the line up.

"I'm sure." I said as I curled the ends of my lips up to a half-assed smile.

They all smiled back and I followed them into the lineup room.

I watched as all the men came walking in. I studied each person carefully up and down.

"Number 4." I said confidently. He was the man who shot Gabby.

"Good job Maya." Carisi said patting my back. I turned around to walk out when I heard banging on the glass window. I turned around very fast to see number 4 flipping out.

"I will get you!!! and I will kill you!! You can count on it!!" He yelled. Carisi wrapped his arm around me an pulled me away from that sight.

"It's okay Maya. Nobody is going to get you. I promise." He said. Then the police were pulling him out into central booking, and he continued to scream threats at me that made me very scared, but I didn't let it show. But somewhere deep down, I know Carisi knows.