waking up

(Maya's POV*)

I slowly open my eyes and look around. I am laying down on a couch. I look across from me to see Fin asleep on the other couch. He is asleep on the couch I was on last night, but since he is a lot taller than me, he probably moved me to the smaller couch.

I try to move my legs to get up, and I feel a sharp pain in my legs. I wince but push through the pain. I slowly stand up, and am shocked that I can. I look down at my legs in pajama's and smile.

"Woah, you are one step ahead of the game." Fin says yawning and standing up. He walks over to me and helps me to the counter.

I lean on the counter and watch as Fin starts to put cereal in bowls for us. He puts milk in the bowls and put them at the table. I slowly wobble to the table and sit down.

"How did you sleep?" He asked.

"Same way you did." I smiled and he chuckled.

"Cool, cool. Well I put cloths in the other room for you if you want to go change we can go to see everybody at the precinct."

"Okay. Ill be right back." I said as I went and changed. I came back and Fin was ready too.

We left and arrived at the precinct with in 23 minutes because we stopped at star bucks.

I limp in carrying Carisi and Amanda's coffee in a tray and drinking my cotten candy latte. I give Amanda her coffee and she stares at me in surprise that i can walk again. She smiles.

Then i walk over to Carisi who is writing on the white board and tap him on the back. He turns around and faces me. I hand him his coffee still drinking mine.

"Hey, how was it?" He asked walking over and sitting on his desk. He took a sip of his coffee.

"Good. I guess." I replied.

"Cool. Well you can sleep home tonight if you want too."

"Okay."

"Maya, were going to talk tonight, okay?" He asked his smile faded.

I just nod and walk away.

I can feel his frown on my back as i walk away.

Nick walks up to me as i go to sit at Fin's desk.

"Hey," he says as he turns me around.

"Oh hey-" i was cut off by his chest while he hugged me.

"You can never do that again, okay? I love you and I don't know what i would do with out you."

"I'm sorry." I whisper.

"No, i am sorry. You have been through so so much and i wish that it was me but i cant take that pain. I am so sorry maya that I couldn't stop it."

"It's okay. I love you."

"I love you too." he said as he let me go. I sat at Fin's desk and just sat there watching him work and looking at the case but couldn't figure out why they would kill this poor person. I just watch and sat there.