Just a Little

(Carisi's POV*)

We speed to the hospital and we don't stop at any red lights, we have our sirens on so we run a few stop signs and red lights. None of us are thinking straight. We are all nervous and praying that Maya makes a full recovery. We all love her, and ever since we took her, it seems that things have gone down hill.

I mean, I know that if Maya was still with her father, she would most likely be dead, but I'm starting to think that she would probably be better off dead. I mean i love her and would hate myself if she was dead, but it would had saved her a lot of pain. 

Emotional and Physical. 

We arrive at the hospital and run in after the EMT's. When we get inside the doctor stops us from going any farther.

"Sir, please stop here, are her legal guardian?" The doctor asks me.

I turn around and look around at the squad, am i her legal guardian? I know i am not yet, but should i be the one to answers question? They all nod there heads. I slowly turn around and look at the doctor.

"Yes I am." I nod.

"Okay, can we talk somewhere private if that is okay with you?" He asks. I nod. 

"Okay follow me." He says as he turns around and i follow him into a hallway and a small room with white walls and a white ceiling.                              

"So can you please tell us what happened?" He asks me.

"Yes, well she was kidnapped the other day when Raphael Barba was rushed. I believe he is in a coma. Well she was taken, beaten, and raped. We need a rape kit done, and i think her leg is broken-" I was cut off.

"Leave the diagnostics to me, i just need to know what happened, and the situation, and if i need to proceed with caution."

"Oh, well you need to proceed with a lot of caution. She is scared of all men, she has lived with me for almost a year now, and when we found her, i tried to go up to her, and she freaked out. She told me not to look at her, she sounded ashamed and scared at the same time." I say as tears started to fill in my eyes.

"Okay, so we are going to have mostly girl nurses, but there are some men, including myself, who are going to be near her."

"Okay, if you wouldn't mind, can the first person who goes into see her be a female and try to talk to her?" 

"Um, yes, but then somebody is going to have to tell her not all men are pigs and perverts so we can go near her."

"Okay. And can you do me a favor, and do the rape kit while she is asleep?"

"Defiantly." He replies. Then he stands up and shakes my hand. I stand up and exit the room, and go back to the waiting room. Everyone is in there. Munch, Olivia, Nick, Amanda, Fin, Hank Voight, Antonio  Dawson, Adam Ruzek, Jay Halstead, Alvin Olinsky, Kevin Atwater, Erin Lindsay, and even Captain came up. Then the doctor walks in right as I sit down.

"So it looks like Maya is going to need 3 surgeries. One for her broken leg, one because we think she was electrocuted, and one because, um, down, you know, because she was raped." We all wince at that. "But that's not it, it looks like she was raped over 20 times in the past 24 hours."

I look down at my hands. They are shaking, i can't hold it in anymore. I stand straight up and turn around.

"THIS IS YOUR FAULT! IF YOU HADN'T MADE US WAIT SO YOU COULD CATCH ALL THOSE MEN, WE COULD HAD SAVED HER FROM BEING RAPED THAT MANY TIMES!" i scream at Voight. Then he stands up.

"Im sorry! I didn't mean for that to happen! We caught all those men who would be raping other girls right now!" He screams.

"You know what?!" 

I was cut off by Fin and Nick pulling me back. "Go! Go eat or something, They just said Maya won't be out for awhile, just go." Nick says. A tear falls down my face, and i storm out. I go straight for the closest store there is. I walk right in. 

I go to the kid section, there is a life sized teddy bear, i pick it up, it is probably bigger than Maya, i also pick up a smaller teddy bear, and check out. It comes to 104$ because of the big teddy bear. but it is worth it for Maya. I then go to Dunkin Donuts and get some food. I eat. then I go back to the hospital. I didn't realize how long it has been until i check the clock. It has been 4 hours. 

When I go into the waiting room, everybody there has something, small or big, and Munch has another giant teddy bear, except it is pink. There are balloons, teddy bears, and cards and candy. Then i notice the room is even more full. The whole Chicago Fire department is here too, and they all have things for Maya too. This is great.

This might make Maya feel a little better.

Not a lot.

Not close to enough.

But a little.

And I'm a little more happy.

Not a lot.

Not close enough.

But a little.

Just a little.