Confide

(Maya's POV*)

I open my eyes, upset I did not succeed in my plan. I close them again because I see Amanda sitting there crying.

"Maya, please wake up." She cried. I opened my eyes and sat up. "Maya, you really scared me. Please don't ever do that again."

"Why? Why did he hurt me? Why did he never stop?" I asked holding back tears.

"Maya, I don't know. And I am sorry for that. But can I tell you something?" I looked down and nodded. "And you won't tell anybody?" I nodded again.

"Well, when I worked in Atlanta, my boss, well, he um, hurt me. He raped me." She paused now crying. "I never knew why he did, but he did. And I was at my lowest point. Then you came around and pulled me back up. So please don't ever do that again." She said now that I am crying.

Before she can move, I pull her into a hug. We both cry for a little, and then I stand up.

"I am so sorry. I will never hurt myself again. I love you." I say.

"I love you too." She replies. "Now Carisi has a case down at the precinct. I have to go down there, and I am not leaving you here alone, so come on."

We both get dressed and leave for the precinct. When we arrive, everybody stares at me. Great, they know what happened.

I keep walking until Amanda sits at her desk. I sit next to her.

"So, two women have been found dead in hotel rooms, brutally raped and beaten." Captain says. I watch as he puts up pictures of the women before and after. I wince. Captain notices me and flips out. He puts his hands over the pictures. "Maya, don't look I didn't know you were here." He said.

"It's fine. Nothing I haven't seen." I reply and everybody winces.

"Okay." He replies and continues. "Well, they both went to a café every morning. Go look there for any leads." He said. "Maya, you stay here with me." I nodded.

Everybody left and Captain and I went into his office. We sat in silence for five minutes. "I'm sorry." He broke the silence.

"What?" I asked.

" I am sorry that you had to go through all that. But you have people now. You can talk to us if you want. But please don't hurt yourself." He said.

I looked down and nodded. Then I heard a women yell in a different language. Captain and I both jumped up and ran out into the hallway. We ran up to the women.

"Ma'am what's wrong?" Captain asked. Then she noticed me. She started to walk towards me.

"Youuuuu." She croaked.

Captain stepped in between us and brought her to the interrogation room. But the look in her eyes, I just couldn't get out of my mind.

I followed into the watching room, and she sat there, and kept tapping her foot. And I don't know why, but it bothered me.

A lot.