Trial

(Maya's POV*)

I wake up to the sun beating against my face. I quickly roll over and feel somebody staring at me. I slowly open my top eye and see Carisi looking at me.

He gave me a light smile. "What?" I moan with a smile.

"Nothing, but hurry up, we need to go to court." He said.

I sighed as I pushed myself up and rolled out of bed. I got dressed and we left.

When we arrived, Rafael was standing by the door. I walked up to him and he handed me a hot chocolate.

"Thank you." I smiled with a nervous look.

"It will be okay. I will be right there." He said.

"I know, but so will they." I said pointing at the three men walking into the court. They were all smiling in this direction. Rafael turned me around and walked me in through the back.

Once everybody started to arrive, including the jury, I sat next to Rafael at the table.

"Where's Carisi?" I ask.

"He is not allowed to come in."

"What? Why not?" I asked nervously.

"Because you are close to him. I know. It's a stupid rule but i am here."

"Great." I mumbled as he lead me to the stand and I sat down. Then he came and stood in front of me.

The judge looked at me with his kind eyes and said to answer everything truthfully and I will do great. He was light skinned and had a bright smile (He is from the first few season).

"Maya, can you tell me what happened all those years that you lived with your father?" Rafael asked.

I down and sighed. "He.. umm... hurt me." I looked into his eyes.

"How did he hurt you?" He asked.

"If he was sober, he was punch and kick me. When he was drunk, he would either have his friend come over and help, or just...... touch me alone."

"Maya, I know this is hard, but how did he touch you?"

I sighed and thought I was going to start crying, but I choked down tears. "He had a room in the basement, where he would bring me to, and there was this old, crappy, twin sized mattress that he would..... have...... um...... sex with me on. Or I would with his friends." I said as a tear left my eye.

"Maya, how old are you?" He asked.

"12." I answered.

"And did you want to have sex with him or his friend?"

"No."

"Then it wasn't sex. They raped you." I looked down and nodded. Then the men's lawyer came and stood where Rafael did.

"Maya, did you ever tell anybody?" He asked.

"Relevance." Rafael blurted out.

"Get to your point." The judge told this lawyer. He just nodded.

"Did you?"

"Yea, but he didn't do anything but send me back to class."

"And why didn't you tell anyone else?"

"Well if he didn't believe me, I didn't think anybody else would."

"Well someone would had." He said rudely. He went back to his seat and The judge told me I can go sit next to Rafael again. As I was getting up, one of them men were also. He was very large. He broke my arm and foot once. I didn't look at him as he was walking up to the stand too.

Right as he was going to pass me, I felt his large hand on my shoulders. He pushed me to up against the stand and he punched me across the face. He put one of his hands on my breast and the other on my 'area'. Three security guards tried to pull him off me when he kissed my nose.

I heard a zapping noise and realized that one the security guards had just tased him. He was flipping out on the ground when Rafael looked like he was going to start crying. The whole jury was shaking. I ran to Rafael and my lip was bleeding.

He wrapped his arms around me, but I kept my arms also wrapped around my abdomen. I felt sick to my stomach.

"Shhh. it's okay." He said to me. "Judge. I request a break." He yelled to the judge who was looking at me. The judge nodded. I walked out of the court room to see Carisi sitting on a bench. As soon as he noticed me crying, He ran to me.

"What happened?" He asked as I let go of Rafael and switched to Carisi.

"He attacked her and touched her again." Rafael said. Carisi ordered for somebody to get me an ice pack. We went and sat on a bench, but I wouldn't take my head out of his chest.

"It's okay." He said rubbing my back.

"I don't want to go back in there." I cried.

"I know.. I know... I will talk to the judge." Rafael said as somebody handed Carisi the ice pack. He pulled me out of the hug and placed it on my lip. I took it and held it on myself.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"He touched me there again." I said shaking my head. He winced. He brought me into a hug until Rafael got back with the judge.