Cereal

(Carisi's POV*)

I wake up to the bright sun shining in my face. I get out of bed and remember to last night, when I found out Maya cuts herself. I decide to go check on her.

I peek my head into the spear room to see her peaceful body in curled into a ball with the blanket about half way up her.

RING!! RING!!

I hear my phone ringing. I rush to get it so it doesn't wake Maya up. I answer the phone.

"Hey Carisi, Captain wants all of us at the precinct in 45 minutes." Amanda says over the phone.

"Oh, okay, why?" I ask.

"Maya might still be in danger." She hesitated to say. I felt my heart sink and I just couldn't talk. "Carisi? you there?"

"Oh, yea. We will be down there in 40 minutes." I replied and hung up. I walked back to Maya's room and walked 4 feet in. She hadn't moved at all. I feel bad waking her up knowing that she when she is awake she is always scared.

I put my hand on her shoulder and gently shook her.

"Maya? Wake up, we need to go now." I whispered. Her eyes flickered open and she looked at me in her tired eyes.

"Okay." She moaned as she sat up. She rubbed her eyes with her knuckles and then noticed her wrists.

She stood up and walked to the bathroom. While she was asleep last night I removed all the sharp items so she can't hurt herself.

I quickly put cereal and milk into a bowl for her and also some for me. She got out of the bathroom and sat next to me at the table. She put her head in her hands and drifted off to sleep again.

"Maya?" I asked tapping on her back. She jumped and her face fell into the bowl. She lifted her face, her eyes were wide-eyed, and she spit milk out. She had cereal all over her face.

"Woah, are you okay?" I laughed.

"Yea." She laughed as she wiped her face off with paper towel.

She put it in the sink and walked to the bathroom to get dressed. She came back out fully dressed.

"When I was younger, my mom made me braid my sisters hair when she wasn't home, Do you want me to braid yours?" I asked her.

"Sure." She smiled.

I brought her to the bathroom and had her look in the mirror. She wouldn't look at herself.

I was trying to braid her hair when I messed up.

"Wow. I thought I was better at this." I laughed which caused her to too.

I had 2 strands of her brown hair in my hands and started to twist them. I made a confused look on my face and stared at her hair.

She took a quick peek up and laughed.

"Did i do it right?" I laughed

"Oh, not really." She laughed.

She took her hair and braided it right. She made me smile. She then got dressed and so did I. Then we walked to the car and left.

I think the burns on her legs were burning, because every once in a while she would moan when she touched them.