It'll Be Okay

(Maya's POV*)

I can hear people talking. All the voices are familier. They belong to all the detectives from the other day. Which one is my great uncle. I have become very close to all these detectives, I finally feel safe again.

I try to open my eyes, but they are to heavy. My legs burn. So does my stomach. I have always had bruises, cuts, and scrapes, but never this bad. My legs sting and i am in a lot of pain.

I force my eyes open just so there slits see through. It's very blurry, but i am able to lift my arm that is not in a sling, up to my eyes. I wipe my eyes with my knuckle.

Carisi spots my movement and taps nick on the shoulder. They both slowly walk over towards me.

"Hey kiddo." Carisi whisper putting his hand on my abdomen. I fliched. He quickly moved his hand.

I gave him a half-assed smile. He smiled widley at that.

"How ya feelin?" Rollins asked me.

"Like I can run a marathon." I said sarcastlically but not disrespectfully. She laughed.

"Great." She said. "How's your legs?"

I placed my hands on my lap, over the blanket. I winced in pain.

"He poured acid on them." Carisi choked out softly. He looked like he way going to be sick. I moved the blanket off my legs. The other detectives stared. I lifted the gown up. I had shorts on, but below that was red, bloody, scabbed, burns that look so gross.

Munch looked like he was going to cry. I stared down and just froze.

"Maya?" Munch asked.

"Maya?!" He yelled. I felt my chest tighten and my stomach turn.

"I need to go the bathroom." I said as Rollins helped me to the bathroom. I shut the door before she could come in. I leaned over the toilet and through up. I could feel tears escaping my eyes one by one, until they were pouring out.

"Maya? Open the door. Let me come in." I could hear Carisi pounding on the door, I flushed the toilet and shut the lid. I leaned up against the wall and wrapped my arms around my head. "I'm coming in!" He yelled as the door swung open.

He knelt next to me and pulled my small frame onto his lap. He made sure not hurt me. He did it gently. I curled up on him. He wrapped his arms around me and hugged lightly. I felt my heart going wild. My blood was heating up.

"Why? Why didn't he just kill me when he had the chance?" I cried.

"No, No, it's okay." He whispered not answering me.

"I wish he did. I am worthless." I cried more letting out all of my tears and pain.

"No you are not. You mean something to me and this whole sqaud. You are part of our family." He whisperd into my ear. I just couldn't stop crying. He was rubbing my back and i slowly stopped. "Shhh...shhh." He kept calming me until i fell asleep.

I felt my body being picked up and layed back down but in a bed. Everybody's voices were talking about me and how it was sad and hard for a kid my age to go through something like this when they all said bye and left.

I was sure everbody did leave, but then i heard the same snoring i have heard the past three weeks. Carisi is staying again, It puts me at ease and i fully fall asleep.