Convicted

(Carisi's POV*)

Maya and I were sitting on a bench, and she was in my arms crying and shaking when the judge came out and tapped her on the back.

She slowly turned around and her face was red from crying. "It's okay. From what I just saw, he is already convicted. You don't want to go back in their? Okay, they were all just sent to jail." He told her.

"Really?" She wiped a tear.

"Yup. You're safe." He said as she calmed down. "Do you guys want to go get lunch? It's on me."

I looked at Maya, and she shook her head. "I just want to go home." I nodded and grabbed her hand. We walked to my car. Every time a man would look at us, she would squeeze my hand, and duck behind me.

We got to my car and she sat in the back.

"Maya, are you okay?" I broke the silence.

"I don't want to be here." She whispered.

"Maya, don't say that." I paused. "Can I tell you something?" I asked her.

"Sure."

"When you were in a coma. I didn't leave your bedside. The squad called my sister to talk to me, because it got to the point that I was depressed. But, I knew that if you didn't make it. You wouldn't want me to kill myself. Now if you kill yourself. I would have to kill myself." I would hate  myself.

"Carisi, please don't say that." She replied looking in my eyes through the mirror.

"It hurts you doesn't it?" I asked sternly. She nodded. "That's how it feels when you say it. Except 10 times worse." I said sadly.

"I'm sorry." She whispered.

"It's okay." I replied. "So, do you want to go back to school tomorrow?"

"Okay." She replied. When we got home, she took a shower and went to bed early. I sat on the couch and kept watching the news. The same segment kept playing. The segment was about Maya.

I heard my phone start vibrating. It was the squad in a group message.

(MESSAGE: C-CARISI, F- FIN, R- ROLLINS, O- OLIVIA, N-NICK, M-MUNCH.)

F- Heard about the trial. How is Maya. Is she happy they are going to jail?

C- Yeah, did you hear what happened during trial?

N- No, what happened.

F- No?

R- What?

C- One of the bastards pushed her to the ground and touched her.

M- Which one? I'll kill him.

O- calm down munch. He is in jail.

R- OMG!

N- WTF! Haven't they hurt her enough.?

F- What the hell.

C- Yeah, she was pretty shaken up. But she is better now. She wants to go to school tomo.

R- cool.

N- good for her.

M- I'm still gonna kill him.

O- Munch?

M- Leave me alone. (He is kidding.)

C- I got to go. Bye.

R- bye.

N- cya tomo.

O- Bye guys.

F- peace out.

M- yup.

(Not in the message)

I fall asleep on the couch and wake up in the middle of the night and move to my bed. Maya is still asleep, because I can hear her snoring.