Worst Nightmare

(Maya's POV*)

I got into Carisi's car and couldn't look him in the eyes, last nights nightmare was the worst. I knew what my father had done to me, but to see Carisi do it, hurt. And it hurt him too.

When we arrived at the precinct, everybody waved and smiled, until I got into the office.

"Maya, I need you to sit down." I sat on the back leather sofa in front of Rafael and Captain. Carisi waited outside.

"What?" I asked.

"So, your friend Gabby, she will make a full recovery, but, we need you to testify." Captain said.

"Are you serious?" I asked.

"Yes, but I will be there the whole time. You will be safe." Rafael said.

"Yea, but I have a hard enough time telling Carisi and Rollins what happened in that house, never mind you and a whole court room." I felt my blood pressure rise.

"Well, we need this guy to go away. We don't want him to get away with what he did to you." I winced at that.

"Will he be there?" I sighed.

They both looked at each other. "Well, that's the thing. He ratted out two other men who participated in what your father did to you. They will also be there." Rafael said.

I felt my heart sink. I felt like I was going to be sick. I sat there silently. I rubbed my eyes with my hand.

"Maya. Nothing will happen to you." He said.

"You promise?" I asked like a baby.

"I promise."

I walked out of the room ready to cry, but I have cried so much lately that I don't think that I have any tears left in me.

"What's wrong?" Carisi asked.

"I have to testify." I replied.

"Do you want to?" He asked concerned.

"No, but I don't want them to get away with what they did."

"They?"

"Oh, they didn't tell you? They found the other two men who also participated." I replied. I sat at Munch's desk and just talked to him about regular normal people thing like the weather, until it was time to leave.