Tracing Evidence

(Nick's POV*)

Maya is like my niece. I am so angry to know that these perverts are with her. What are they doing to her? They raped her once, they wouldn't do it again, would they?

Amanda wakes me up out of my daze. Come on, we got a hit off the DNA we found all over Barba's couch.

 I follow her into the office and look at the screen.

"DNA belongs to 43 year old Derrick Karev. He was arrested back 2001 for raping his daughter and then killing her and her mom. He has a 34 year old brother named Michael Karev, who we suspect was our second guy. They both were molested as a child by there father. Then when he died, thats when Derrick did this to his daughter. When he got out, he must had met Maya's dad, and they found something in common." Amanda explains.

"But how? Maya wasn't even born yet." I state.

"Well at the time, Ava's dad was also arrested for the assist of rape of Derricks daughter. So we think that they made a deal to help out with each others daughters."

"Then why bring the little brother into it?"

"Well when they were little, Derrick would take Michaels time with his dad so that Michael wouldn't get hurt. Michael has a burning feeling to repay his brother so what ever the older brother asks, the younger brother does."

I nod. "Okay, so where do they live."

"Well here is the funny thing, they are neighbors, and the neighbor across the street one time called the cops because they were doing construction work at 3 am. The cops found them making a under ground tunnel to each others house."

"How is that funny?" I ask.

"Well, they ended up building a basement made of full cement so it is sound proofed, and cold, it looks like they have been planning on taking Maya for a very long time now. We think that this was her fathers plan all along. Kidnap Maya, hurt her, but not bad enough that she dies. Then get killed and then have these guys take Maya and really do some damage."

"Hasn't there been enough damage done? Why do they have to keep this going?"

"They are going to until Maya's life is completely ruined. They think that is what would happen to every child, because that is what happened to them as children."

"So the want to ruin an innocent child's life because that is what happened to them?" I ask.

"Yes pretty much."

"Well that doesn't make any sense. If this happened to them as children, wouldn't they want to prevent it happening to any other child? I mean all this pain that is being inflicted on this poor child, what did she ever do to deserve any of this?"

"Nothing."

"Exactly, she prays every night, i have heard her. She prays that she could start all over and her family wasn't so screwed up. But things just keep getting worse and worse. You know what? Poor Maya. She didnt deserve any of this. But it keeps getting worse and worse for her."

"So lets find her." Amanda says with a determined look. 

"Yea, come on." I reply determined back.

As we leave the office, a little boy comes walking up to me. He can't be older than 10.

"Excuse me? Do you know Maya?" He asks. I look at him wide-eyed.

"Yes i do, why?" I ask.

"Well some guy told me to give this to someone who know her."