Two

''PLEASE, stop whining and get out of my car

''PLEASE, stop whining and get out of my car.''

I whined a little more. I was on my way to work, doing the usual morning routine as I had been doing for the past two weeks. And no, I did not sleep in. In fact, I got out of my apartment an hour earlier, just to give myself enough time to grab a coffee on the way to the office, without being stuck in morning traffic.

And I did get the coffee I desperately wanted and still had around forty minutes to get to the office. I didn't expect my car to simply stop working in the middle of the road. The bastard seriously tried to fuck with me.

I didn't have many options. Luka was probably in his office already and it would have taken him a long time to come and get me, considering it was on the opposite side of the city. I didn't have any cash on me so a taxi wasn't an option.

My savior, the love of my life, my best friend Cora came to pick me up.

Cora and I met during orientation in our freshman year, and became close ever since. Although we are polar opposites, our vibe matched instantly and we slowly got to know each other. We had a similar career plan in mind. She also got an internship in a big company, which was why we haven't seen each other since our exams ended.

''What if I get fired?''

Cora sighed, ''At this rate, both of us will get fired. I used my family emergency for you, so you better get out and get inside.''

I notified Ellie that I'd be late because my car broke down, and she told me to take my time and that there wouldn't be any issues. That was almost three hours ago. Not only was I extremely late, but it was also my first time ever being late. I hated tardiness with a burning passion.

''Alright. I'm leaving. Thank you.''

''You're welcome.'' She gave me a toothy grin as I exited the vehicle. As soon as the door closed, she took off and left me alone to deal with my anxiety.

Now, I knew that it could happen to anyone to be late. The issue was that it had to happen now. Just a weekend after I stumbled into my boss in a club where he probably didn't want to see his employee.

Whilst I took my sweet time to get to the top floor, I began thinking about how the weekend went.

As soon as I bolted out of the club, the first thing that I felt was embarrassment. I wanted the ground to open and swallow me whole. Though, that was the unlikely scenario to happen. Instead, I vented out to Luka who only laughed in response to my misery.

On Saturday, I was barely able to eat. Most of it was because of the terrible hangover I had, but the smaller portion of it was because of the shame. Not to mention, my whole back ached. Whoever hit me that evening in the back, left a nasty bruise that prevented me from sleeping properly.

Now, Sunday was a completely different story. I had two days to self-reflect and the last day before I went back to work was the day I made a decision.

It was either to jump his bones, right there in his office. The small problem with that would be that I'd most likely get thrown out of the window.