Eight

IT WASN'T until later in the week that I finally understood what I'd done

IT WASN'T until later in the week that I finally understood what I'd done. It wasn't regret, by any means, but it felt a little bit rushed. I had a lot of things to ask. What pushed him to finally have sex with me and when did he think of asking me to be his partner?

It was something I would ask him soon. By soon, I meant in the next five minutes.

I got an email in the morning, and it was a contract in its best glory. I read it over a few times, even sent a picture of it to Luka for validation. He responded with a thumbs up, and that was all I needed.

It was a chilly night, which was against my hopes. Elijah sent me his address and time and I got dressed in the best lingerie I could find.

We probably wouldn't be doing anything this evening, but either way, I wanted to make sure I came prepared.

He lived in the most expensive looking building I have ever seen. It wasn't that big, and I knew that not many people lived there, because barely anyone could afford it. The icing on the cake? Elijah owned the building.

Everything was in white. The walls, the doors, the floors. It looked as if no one lived there, considering how squeaky clean it was.

Elijah hired security guards, for fucks sake.

What three story building had an elevator? Elijah's, of course. The entire top floor was his home and in order to leave the elevator and enter his apartment, you needed a code. 4487 as he had sent me.

Once the door opened, I was in awe.

In front of me stood the prettiest living room in the world. It was decorated beautifully, and most of it was in hard wood. He had a book shelf with a fireplace next to it, though since it was summer, no fire was there. The entire city was under his fingertips and the view was beautiful.

''You're here.''

I was slightly caught off guard. With a smile and a desperate need to calm myself, I turned towards him. He was dressed in a business suit and I supressed the need to roll my eyes.

''Yes.''

He guided me towards the coffee table in his living room, and a glass of whiskey already waited for me, neatly placed on top of a coaster.

''Let's have a drink first.''

I took a seat and placed my handbag next to me. I took the whiskey and took a sip, it was... definitely stronger than I had anticipated, and unlike any I've tasted. And a little bitter, too. I didn't mind it, though. It slid right into my throat.

''How was your day?'' I could tell that he was trying to make me more comfortable and the drink was there to help me relax.

I chuckled, ''My boss is a dick.''

He rose his brow, ''Oh really? Do tell.''

''Well, I keep being stuck on paperwork duty and I came there to learn about opening my own business, but no, paperwork for Freya, all the damn time.''