Five

NEEDLESS to say, I wanted to kick myself in the face

NEEDLESS to say, I wanted to kick myself in the face. After the longest day I've had in the past year, I was almost back at the hotel. I couldn't wait to throw these dumb heels in the trash can.

They were absolutely beautiful, but that was it – nothing more. They hurt my feet within the first hour and I had nothing else to wear, I had to suck it up. I could just feel the blisters coming in.

I had a nice and long shower, and by the time I was done with the night routine and had something small to eat, it was barely eight in the evening. I could've sworn it felt like it was midnight.

It was our first day in London and I wanted to take the evening off to relax and rest some more, and then within the next week to explore the city in my free time.

''Who is it now?'' I grumbled under my breath at the loud knock at the door. I took my sweet, sweet  time reaching the door and once I opened, it revealed a freshly showered and neatly dressed Elijah.

''Can I help you?''

His eyes trailed up and down my body twice, before his gaze landed on my face. It was probably because I was in a bathrobe, which was rather short.

''You weren't answering your phone.'' Elijah pushed straight past me and went into my room. My brows rose in surprise but I ignored it and closed the door softly behind me.

''I was just getting ready for bed. If it's work related, it will wait until the morning.''

He sighed, ''There's dinner tonight with the investors. Would you like to come?''

I tilted my head and smiled, ''Is it work related?''

Elijah's response was a shake of his head.

''Then, no. I want to sleep.''

His deep gaze seemed to pierce through my soul. He only nodded his head as he broke eye contact. He was quick to head towards the door. As he opened it, he gave me a look over his shoulder, ''If you change your mind, let me know. I'll text you the address.''

I did not change my mind, however, at around midnight, I received a call from my boss. He was clearly intoxicated and asked me to come and get him. And by asked I meant that he ordered me to come and get him.

So, there I was, in a taxi, at almost one in the morning, in front of the restaurant he had told me about. I thought he saw the obvious distaste and anger plastered on my face as he got into the car without any word.

In my mind, I was setting him on fire, plucking out his eyeballs and knocking out his teeth using my knees. It was such a vivid scene and it took a while to get back to reality, because I'd most likely end up in prison. We didn't want that.

I paid the taxi driver and as we left the car, it seemed as though he had sobered up. Nonetheless, I was determined to get him into his room safely and then ask for a double paycheck since this wasn't in my job description.