BONUS III

I laid on the bed, flat on my back

I laid on the bed, flat on my back. My hair was so tangled, that I didn't even thought of trying to brush it. The only solution that came to mind was cutting all of it off. I couldn't remember the last time I had my eyebrows done. Hell, I couldn't remember the last time I had an actual bath, and not just two minute showers that were so quickly over.

I was breathing heavily.

Elijah wasn't in that great of a state, either. Since he was the one working, I tried my best not to ask him for help often. But I struggled. I truly did. Caring for one child was hard, but for twins? Especially since they just turned one, it was impossible.

He started going to the office more since there was not a chance of him getting anything done in this loud house, and I didn't mind. He'd always be back before dinner, and made sure to spend time with the kids before putting them to bed.

However, he was still getting up in the middle of the night, trying to let me rest as much as possible. Of course, the little motherfuckers are never up at the same time. As soon as one fell asleep, the other one was wide awake. They were definitely doing it on purpose.

Eliana, the older child by two minutes, was definitely bossing her younger brother. She was the first one to start walking before she was even one, which was unexpected. She shared her toys, but as soon as her brother, Killian, did anything to piss her off, she'd push him or pull his hair. The poor boy was always silent and allowed her to have her way.

I tried everything humanly possible to put a stop to her antics. She didn't listen to a word I said, nor did anything help. The only person she truly did listen to was her father, which made me all more pissed. Eliana acted like an angel when her dad was at home, but the moment he was gone, she'd turn into a devil.

She was such a devil that even Lilith avoided her at all costs.

''My mom wants to take the kids for a—''

''Yes, let me pack them.'' Elijah laughed. I didn't care if it was for an hour or two months, she could take them.

I had all the help in the world. My mom had them every other weekend, alternating between my mother-in-law. Weekends were kid free, for the most part, but it was still tiring. Even then, no matter how happy I was to ship them off, I would call and text every half an hour to check in with them.

Whoever said that raising twins was easier because at least, they had each other to play with, definitely did not have twins.

''Mom will have them for a week, and I'll take you somewhere nice.'' He placed a soft kiss on the top of my head.

''Where are we going?''

''You pick. If you want we can go to Hawaii, or we can go to Paris.''

I sighed. ''I've had enough of beaches. But I don't want Paris, either. We can go to Las Vegas?''