Twenty-four

DARKNESS WAS all around me

DARKNESS WAS all around me. It was such a terrifying feeling, not being able to see a thing before me. For a while, I was unsure whether or not I was actually blinking. It was mostly silent, aside from my breathing and heartbeat.

I tried remembering what happened, and the moment realization dawned upon me, a silent tear fell down my cheek. Luka was on my mind. The blood on Milo's shirt had a fifty percent chance of being Luka's, fifty percent chance that I utterly despised.

I was praying to God that he was safe and sound, and that he wasn't wounded too badly.

Because, no matter how hard I tried to convince myself, somehow, the thought of him being stabbed or hit with a bullet would cross my mind, and my heart would ache.

God knew how long I was alone. I noticed that my ankles and wrists were bound, and the cold metal told me it was chains.

Chills ran down my spine at the mere thought of how long the chains were, considering that I was able to move freely. I wasn't that courageous to try and find an exit in a place I could not see.

I was laying down in the bed I'd woken up a while ago. It felt comfortable, but it reminded me of prison cells. It was laughable, and ironic, considering it was where Milo spent the past few years sleeping.

It was weird that he hasn't checked on me, and hasn't returned. I didn't care where he was or about his well being. It was just... odd.

I thought he would've jumped at the opportunity to toy with me, or to torture me, and the fact that he was taking his sweet time told me we were at a remote location, somewhere where no one would be able to find us.

And I tried thinking optimistically. Elijah was the first thought that came to mind. His face, his touch and his voice that was telling me everything was going to be alright. I tried to push all the fear away and to put on a brave face, but it was next to impossible.

Even Elijah wouldn't be able to get me out of here, and the sooner I made my peace with it, the faster I could try and figure out how to escape on my own.

I flinched, goosebumps formed on my skin once I heard the door open. The squeaky sound was loud, and the lightbulb from the hallway made me close my eyes at the sudden exposure to light.

''Ah, you're awake.''

I wanted to throw up as his voice was louder than necessary. It was truly horrifying how a person could hold no emotions in their voice, yet to seem so diabolic at the same time.

''Where am I?'' It was foolish to think he would give a proper answer, but it was worth a shot. He threw me a look of annoyance before he stepped further into the room. I tried to crawl backwards as much as possible, but my back was greeted by a concrete wall.

''Well, we are all alone, Freya, I can tell you that much.'' That God awful, nauseating smirk of his made an appearance on his ugly face. Chills ran down my spine as he tilted his head to the side, ''For now, that is.''