Twenty-three

MY STANCE on marriage hadn't changed

MY STANCE on marriage hadn't changed. I was still thinking of it as nothing more than an obligation.

To put it simply, it was nothing more than a piece of paper, that legally bound two people together. If they loved each other enough, and the relationship was built on trust and respect, there was no need for them to have a piece of paper approving of it.

However, I was mature enough to admit that the relationship with Freya was going into a direction I never saw coming.

The more time I spent with her, the more I wanted to take care of her, be with her. If she asked for the world, I'd give it to her on a silver platter.

As contradictory as it sounded, if marriage was the way to keep her, I'd do it, no questions asked.

I couldn't put my finger on the time it happened, it just did. One day, I wasn't too bothered by not seeing her, and the next I was going insane.

I needed answers. How was all of this possible? Was I always this attracted to her and simply brushed it away? Or was it something that truly did happen over night, and if it did, how was it possible? Why was it happening to me, out of all people? No matter how much I tried to ignore the feelings, they were there and weren't going anywhere.

And all I wanted was to have Freya by my side, and to make sure that she was safe.

Especially now that all of this had happened.

Freya didn't believe me when I told her I'd put that fucking bastard six feet under ground. She brushed it off as a dark joke, but it was nothing of the sort.

The moment I got my hands on that bastard, it would be his final day on this earth.

It would be my first time killing a man, not the last one if anyone else dared to touch a strand of her hair.

I overreacted when I found out Milo had called her. She wasn't the one to blame and maybe didn't trust me enough to tell me about it, however, I couldn't contain the anger I felt.

The only thing I regretted was the way I acted out. She didn't need another boy who couldn't keep his voice to a normal wave length. He belonged in an institution where he wouldn't get to see the light of the day, and if he had simply fled the prison, I'd grant him that.

Now that he dared to touch something of mine, it was a different story.

That man better pray to God that the cops would find him first, otherwise he wouldn't like what I was going to do to him.

I even had Luka go through a connection of ours and get me a personalized gun, so it couldn't be traced back to me. It could be traced back to the mafia, though I doubt anyone would be dumb enough to go after them.

Especially since my brother was the boss, which was why Luka, as the third party, got the weapons for me.

As the oldest child, he inherited it all from our father. I never wanted to get too involved, and was keeping the legal part of the business going. It was Sebastian's how he would rule his down world kingdom, and it worked well. Not once did I need his help, until now.