Thirty-two

OK A FEW THINGS:
I have no idea how many chapters are left in this book (for those who asked)

And something else. I'm self publishing soon! Yay me! Anyways, if there's anyone who'd be interested in that, you can follow my instagram because the book will be out soon!

Also, I will publish Camboy and Limited sometime in the future as well! (Revamped, better versions and without this atrocious faking death plot line LMFAO)

Anyway enjoy 💕

The two of them strolled into the club

The two of them strolled into the club. They brought attention to themselves and it was not a surprise. Cora's long hair was in loose waves, the shimmering dress hugged her hips perfectly. Luka, on the other hand, had cut his hair into a buzz cut. It shocked me the most.

He used to have long, curly hair. But, it looked good on him. He was the kind of a man who would have worn a trash bag and made it look amazing. Their eyes roamed the filled room, until they landed on me.

With a stoic expression, I continued serving the two men that had approached the bar. It was just my luck that the bar area wasn't as crowded tonight.

Soon enough, they took a seat on the stools. Cora watched me like a hawk, an indescribable expression laced her features. We were no longer twenty-three, we were almost thirty, and Cora looked good.

I threw on a fake smile. ''What can I get you?''

Luka blinked. ''I'll have a Macallan.''

Cora hesitated. ''I'll have anything non-alcoholic.''

I was surprised, though I didn't show it. Cora was the one who always encouraged liquor. It was odd that she decided off for the night, but then again, it's been years. People changed.

''Coming right up.''

The moment I turned my backs on them, my hands began trembling. It was getting out of control. No matter what they wanted, there was nothing I could've provided them with. There was no chance in hell of me going back to the States.

Mainly because it was illegal to fake one's death.

I placed their drinks in front of them. Politely, they thanked me and started chatting among themselves. I occupied myself with other customers, and talked a little bit with Marcus. From the corner of my eye, I saw Cora giving me a disapproving look.

However, her opinion no longer mattered. I wasn't the same person she knew.

I froze in place after trying to walk past where they were sitting. From across the wooden bar, Luka threw the question I'd hoped he wouldn't. If it came to that, all I had to do was press the emergency button underneath the bar and the security would escort them out.

''So, what was your plan? Let all of us mourn you till the day we died while you were living your best life across the continent?''

''Yes,'' I replied too quickly. ''Well, no. I'm not apologizing for the decision I've made. For the first time in my life, I put myself first. I don't care how selfish it is, but if I was given the chance to turn back time, I would do it all over again.''