Forty-four

PLEASE READ THE NEXT CHAPTER TOO!

The sun was shining brightly. Soft wind blew my in my face, as the window was opened all the way. I was looking at the reflection in the mirror, unable to comprehend that it was me. Soft wavy hair that fell just below my shoulders. It was shining, thanks to Tessa's amazing skills. It was so smooth. It always felt great whenever she did my hair.

My mom was putting my earrings on, after she put the necklace. It was simple, white gold chain with the pendant of a star. It was our family heirloom, and it was passed down to every woman on mom's side of the family on their special day.

I couldn't believe how pretty I looked. Granted, it was the goal, but it was still unimaginable.

''You're so pretty,'' mom whispered. I glanced, and noticed that she was struggling to hold back tears. They were tears of happiness, and the sight of her being that happy to me made me want to cry, too. ''I can't believe this. I'm so happy for you.''

The door suddenly opened, and then closed with a slam. ''Hey, hey, hey! No crying today! You will ruin your makeup and the pictures will be ugly as fuck.'' Cora's seriousness made me laugh. Cora took the role of the maid of honor seriously.

This wedding... was in the spur of a moment kind of thing.

It wasn't planned, and although it wasn't traditional, we were doing the bachelor and bachelorette party after the wedding. Until four days ago, it wasn't even planned. But, Cora being Cora, managed to make it perfect even with the time limit.

Elijah didn't propose — I didn't want him to.

Instead, we were cuddling one night and I suddenly got the urge to pounce on him and have his babies. But, before that, I wanted us to be married. So I told him, and he was more than happy to agree.

Neither of us wanted a big wedding.

A month ago, we moved to the island. That, too was sudden and immediate. I didn't know what exactly to expect, but we packed our bags and took his yacht to get there. It wasn't too far, only about six hours from land, but it was at a perfect distance.

It had a huge villa, which was definitely unexpected. Then, I remembered that it was Elijah in question, and he loved everything extravagant. Even though it was too big, it was perfect. It was peaceful, with a beautiful sandy beach all around.

Cora took it upon herself to decorate the beach for our wedding. Even the guest list was as short as it could possibly get. Our parents, Luka, Cora, Tessa, Elijah's siblings and the two of us. It was truly perfect.

The dress I chose was more suitable for a beach day than a wedding, but it wasn't something I cared about. The man I was marrying today was occupying my thoughts, hence, I was a nervous wreck.

''Calm down,'' Tessa spoke, ''Everything will be okay. You're finally getting your happy ending, focus on that.''

''She's right,'' Cora agreed. ''you need to relax.''