Eighteen

"NOW WHAT THE hell is this?"

To say that I was stunned would be an understatement. I blinked a few times, though the image before my eyes wasn't changing.

Elijah was outside of my apartment with a cat in his hands. A goddamn cat.

It was roughly around two months old, and the most beautiful maincoon I've ever laid my eyes on. It had tiger stripes, and pretty green eyes.

Elijah, on the other hand, had a smug look on his face. He eyed me up and down and waited for a reaction, and I tried as much as it was possible to remain passive.

And this was definitely the first time I'd seen him out of his suits. A casual black t-shirt with a pair of black pants. It looked too good on him.

"A cat." Elijah stated as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

I rolled my eyes and the little thing meowed, "I can tell. Why is it here?"

Elijah's face split into a wide grin, "I bought you a cat."

I stepped aside, allowing the man to enter my apartment. He was moving slowly, and I didn't like that. Somehow it was getting on my nerves that I had to wait for him to move past me.

I couldn't really tell why I was getting all flustered and anxious and him being there didn't help at all. Especially when he had a little cat in his hand.

" Why did you buy me a cat?" I asked.

"Well because I found out that you wanted one so I got you one."

I hummed. "And how did you know I wanted one?"

He rolled his eyes and the little animal was released to the floor. In an instant, it was running around in my apartment and making a mess wherever it could.

"I ran into Cora and she happened to mention it, it's not a big deal."

Of course it was a big fucking deal. Frankly, I was terrified of having a pet. What if I was unable to take care of it properly? I wouldn't want for them to have anything but the best life.

"Well, thank you." I said with a smile, allowing all of the worries to settle far back into my head. Elijah made himself comfortable in my living room and that was when it hit me.

It was the first time he'd visited my place, and I haven't given him the address. How the hell did he know where I lived? It crossed my mind that since it was in my work contract, that was where he must've seen it.

"Would you like to drink anything?" I asked him, remembering the manners only after the man had made himself comfortable already.

He shook his head slightly, "No. I'm not here to grab a drink with you."

His eyes were eating me up. Glancing up and down, multiple times with a small smirk on his face. He noticed the way I was dressed, or truthfully, the lack of the clothing on my body. Just a simple oversized shirt. Nothing more.