Twenty-six

I HAD NO WORDS to describe how I was feeling

I HAD NO WORDS to describe how I was feeling. The past week was brutal, ruthless and sleepless.

My mom was doing all right, thankfully, but it didn't help me be at ease, at all. Freya and Celine were no where to be found, as if they'd dropped from the face of the Earth.

I was furious. A day hasn't gone by without the rage making its way to the surface. Any time I could break something or punch someone, I took the chance without batting an eye.

Luka's tracker got disconnected almost as soon as I tried tailing it. Of course, the bastard wasn't stupid, and since Luka didn't have the best opportunity to plant the tracker, it was discovered rather quickly.

He was getting better, however not as quickly as I needed him to. The first two nights were critical, and as he lost a lot of blood, he was exhausted and mainly asleep for three days.

Celine was a tough girl. From a young age, she was trained how to deal with  situations like this, and I knew that she was capable of taking care of herself. I knew all of that, but it didn't make me any less worried.

Freya, on the other hand, had no survival instincts. Add that to the fact that this son of a bitch has been tormented her for years, and I couldn't imagine how afraid she must've been.

The mere thought of that sick, twisted bastard laying his filthy hands on my precious girl made my stomach twist in anger.

The emotion was beyond my control.

I was slowly losing my mind. I searched everywhere, I had one of the best teams on this case, and I personally tracked down every single associate Milo had, whether it be his pre-prison time, or his cell-mate.

None of them were of much help. They continuously repeated how dangerous Milo was, how sick and twisted he was and that they'd rather slit their own throat than spend another day with him.

"Do you have anything?" I questioned before the door closed behind me.

My older brother sat across from me, in his chair behind a desk, his eyes glued to the laptop in front of him. He looked sleep deprived as much as I was.

"No." He stated, as if the word had hurt him physically when it left his mouth, "I have my people keeping an eye out for that tracker."

"Why? It's useless when it's destroyed."

"It wasn't destroyed, it was turned off. Who knows when that bastard decides to have a party. And something tells me we will be included in it."

I haven't spoken to my mother since she got admitted into the hospital. The two of us weren't on best terms since I didn't allow her to arrange a marriage for me, however, it didn't mean that I didn't love her. She was my mother, of course I loved her.

I just didn't want to spend time with her when I was in this state.

''I do have news, Elijah.'' Sebastian stated as he motioned with his head for me to sit down. Reluctantly, I obliged as the blood chilled in my veins. His eyes, his attitude and his tense shoulders told me that the news weren't good.