Three

IT FELT as if a whole year had passed before the long awaited Friday rolled around

IT FELT as if a whole year had passed before the long awaited Friday rolled around. Quite honestly, I would have preferred to work the said Friday than to physically exhaust myself during the rest of the week only to have that day off.

Everyone in the office was on edge, working harder than usual just so we could score that free day. The workplace was filled with tension and the aura surrounding the secretaries wasn't good. Everyone, except for the boss himself, stayed long past the work hours solely to complete the tasks.

The reservation was in about three hours. I picked a restaurant that was semi-formal, which was Ellie's suggestion.

Of course, I'd asked Luka about the best restaurants in the area. He was a neat freak, so I wasn't surprised when he sent me a whole list in a google document, with his top three favorites being highlighted. I only hoped that I wouldn't come to regret going with his number one favorite.

My choice for the outfit was a pantsuit, in one piece. The main reason was because it took me over ten minutes to get it on, and with that being said, it was hard to take off, which meant that for the evening, my horny self would have to be put away.

That only went for other men, if it were about Elijah himself, I'd gladly rip the fabric apart.
Alas, that couldn't happen.

Not yet.

Did I want to sleep with my boss? Absolutely. Was I desperate enough to throw myself at him at the first given chance? No way. Well, if I was being honest, that was also true, however, it was the absolute last resort.

My plan was to slowly grab his attention, to the point of giving him just a small taste of the sweetness he could have, before going back to treating him like a regular boss.

From my observation over the course of working for him, he loved to chase after women that seemed uninterested in him. But because that was a rare thing, given his fucking stunning face and full wallet, the moment he'd get the woman he wanted, it was over.

I had to play smart.

As for the makeup, I kept it light and simple. Just a natural makeup look because there was a high chance of me stopping by Luka's club later on and getting drunk and I hated taking off a lot of makeup when I was under the influence.

Of course, I hated sleeping with it because my poor face couldn't handle it. The next day I'd look as if I was a teenager all over again and it would take literally months for my face to clear up again.

I was almost finished with my hair. I put it into a high ponytail and made a mental note to dye the roots the next day.

Adding a little bit of jewelry and perfume was the last step before I walked out of my place. Walking there would take too much time and doing it in heels was impossible, so I called for a taxi beforehand.

I was getting nervous, too. Usually, Elijah was known to always skip these formalities if possible, and it was possible tonight to not show up.

I also found myself smiling at the thought of seeing him outside of work where we could engage in a conversation.
It made me believe that I could actually make him mine.