Chapter 1

I walked through the crowded halls of my school, keeping my eyes down and making sure to keep a quick consistent pace to get me to my next class on time.

   I'm never late.

   I refuse to be late for a single class, and my grades never get below a 95%.

   Yup, you guessed it. I'm the nerd in this school. But this nerd isn't known, the teachers know me well but the students don't even know my name, and I like it that way.

   I keep my eyes trained on the white tile flooring as I slip through all the bodies of teenagers that don't even spare me a glance.

   School is a tight space of knowledge that gets crammed into your head to try to keep for life. The tests, the projects, the kids, the drama. Everything in this school is about as toxic as the popular kids.

   Never mind that.

   I finally find the door to my English class and open the thick wood door with my right hand. My left crammed with all my supplies I need throughout the day. The door opens with a creak as I hustle my way in and sat down at my normal desk in the way back. Mrs. June smiles at me from her desk that was cluttered with papers and books.

   The classroom was a decent size. It could hold about 25 students with the teacher. Mrs. June's desk sat up front, right in front of the black marker stained white board. There were 3 large windows that allowed the autumn sun shine into the cold classroom. There were 25 students desks that were spread about the room in rows of 6. Bookshelves lined the back wall, each shelf covered in paperback books. There was a chalk board that was hung on the left wall, but it's never used. The walls were a light baby blue with inspirational reading quotes posted up for any bored teen to read to get out of class.

   I however always sat in the one far corner of the room. There was a window behind me which allowed the warm sun to settle on my back to warm me. The bookshelves were at my back and the light baby blue wall with the chalk board hanging on it was at my right.  

   It's like my own little room. And I love it back here.

   No one ever looks over this way so my unknown reputation is sealed shut. And if I get bored I can just reach behind me and pull out a book.

   I stuffed my supplies in the little cubby under my desk and pulled out my notepad and book plus my pencil. Which I might add, have never forgotten.

   The bell rang and kids started to swarm into the classroom. They were all groaning and whispering annoyed things to each other as they went to their usual seats.

   The popular guys sat in the back left of the room, their desks were almost grouped together. The popular girls were in front of them. Then the geeks were up in the front row so they could see the teacher perfectly through their dorky glasses.

   Woah chill girl. You wear dorky glasses too.

   Yeah yeah whatever voice in my head.

   Then the somewhat normal kids filled in the other seats.

   "Okay class, pull out your books and open to Chapter 7. Does anyone know where we left off?" Mrs. June asked.

   It's like the sound of crickets in here.

   She sighed and nodded "Alright then, we left off where Romeo had told Juliette—"

   I started to doze off, already bored. I've read this book like 4 times. I know what happens through and through.

   You know what happens when the teacher talks in Charlie Brown? Yeah that's what I hear. The teachers here barely teach me things, I already know pretty much anything you could think of when it comes to English and books and thinking.