Chapter 33

Kingston taps my shoulder gently. The touch sudden, making me jerk. "Hmm?" I hum, forgetting where I had been.

I've been so sucked into my book I've completely turned everything out.

I quickly close my book keeping my thumb on my page as I turn my head and look up at Kingston "Tell me about your book?" He asks softly, tucking his phone back into his sweatpants pocket.

Gently siting up, my shoulder aching painfully, I ignore the discomfort and spin around in his lap till I'm facing him.

The smile on his face is nothing compared to the words in my book. It's so much better than reading.

"So, the book is about pen pals, when they were set up at a young age, both having a boy and girl name so their teachers thought they both were a different gender. After that year, they kept sending letters, agreeing to never gives photos or numbers, etc.," I give him a little backstory and he nods, his full attention on me.

   I shift in his lap, smiling as heat rises to my cheeks "So, he was at a party when he actually ran into her, but she didn't know it was him." He nodded as I spoke, a smile pulling at his lips as he gently rubs my shoulder soothingly.

   Chills run up my spine as the warmth of his hand on my bandaged shoulder. Surprisingly, for being shot in the shoulder, it doesn't hurt as bad as it did the first couple days.

   Kingston leans forward and kisses my nose gently. He nods his head for me to continue, "He ends up going to her school with a fake name. And they hate each other—" I state and a smile breaks out on Kingston's face.

   His fingertips brush over my skin softly, pushing a strand of my hair behind my ear "Do they fall in love?" He asks in a hushed voice. Staring into my eyes I nod my head "Yes, they do." He smiles softly, leaning forward and kissing my forehead.

   He gently kisses me behind my ear again and I giggle softly. He grins against my skin, his warm breath fanning over my neck "I bet you he can't say no to her," he whispers and my breath hitches.

   I don't think he's talking about the characters anymore.

   "Why are you looking at me like that?" My voice is breathless and thin at my question and he smiles, leaning forward and placing his lips on mine. 

   I melt into the simple touch, wrapping my good arm around his neck, sighing into the kiss.

He chuckles lightly once our lips disconnect "What? I thought you hated me?" He teased, talking about when we first met.

I roll my eyes "I'm still going to get you back for that. Those hurt." I state and his smile falls as his hands come up to cup my cheeks.

His thumb brushes over my cheekbones "I'm so sorry about all the things I've said," he whispers, guilt filling his glossy gray eyes.

A wave of panic fills me "So your sorry about the 'I love you's'? And the times you've called me beautiful?" I ask and his eyes widen. "No!" He states quickly, shaking his head back and forth "No! I meant before I got to know you. All the mean things I said. I didn't mean any of it."

So he does love me. I like messing with him.

"I love you."

He kisses me.

"I love you."

He kisses me.

"I love you."

He kisses me.

"I love you."

He kisses me again and then gently cups the back of my neck, pulling me closer gently, his tongue tracing over the column of my throat.