Chapter 46

The sound of my phones ring tone blaring through the quiet morning wakes me with a harsh jerk. My eyes fly open, my heart pounding hard against my chest as the ringing suddenly stops. The sunrise is bright, glaring in and staring into my eyes making me hiss and squint my eyes, trying to adjust to the light. The end of the bed jerks, the sound of dogs barking filling the now not quiet room.

A warm embrace circles my waist.

Kingston.

My fiancé.

I glance up at him to see him sitting partially up, my phone in his hand as he holds it to his ear. His black hair sits messily on his head, his eyes droopy from the sudden ringing. His broad shoulders slouched, his sweatpants ruffled and hanging lowly on his hips revealing the elastic waistband of his Kevin Calver boxers. His tattoos glowing in the morning sun spilling through the glass wall. The dogs eventually stop barking and calm down.

"Hel—" his tired face pinches tight with a wince, yanking the phone away from his ear.

The sound of yelling girls comes from the other side of the phone and I groan, lifting my pillow up and slamming it down over my head.

I close my eyes tightly, wishing they would've left me alone for at least another hour.

"Hey, it's me....yeah, I'll let her know..." Kingston's gruff voice speaks into my phone, the sound of screaming girls stopping from the other side of the phone.

"How long until you pick her up?" He questions and I quickly yank the pillow away from my head, staring up at my lovely tired fiancé.

"Two hours, please?" I basically whimper, staring up at Kingston hopefully.

He looks down at me with a little smile "Two hours...sorry but I need my time with my fiancée...whatever," Kingston speaks, his eyes holding mine, a hazy glass like gloss covering his beautiful gray eyes.

He gives me an exasperated look "I'm hanging up now...blah blah blah," he mutters and then pulls my phone away from his ear, ending the call and tossing it down onto the bed with a sigh.

A softly chuckle leaves me and Kingston falls back down into the bed, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me into him. My body instantly reacts, melting into his warmth.

"Moren called to say that they're going to come pick you up for dress shopping," he murmurs in my ear softly, his voice gravely and thick in the morning tiredness.

With a grunt I bury myself into his body, savoring the feeling of him. I do this every morning. Wake up, hold him until my stomach growls. And then, with protestations, get out of bed.

As if right on time, my stomach growls in protest at my lack of food. Kingston chuckles softly, pulling me along with him as he slowly makes his way towards the edge of the bed.

My fingers dig into the sheets in mutual protest, not wanting to leave my bed. "Nooo," I groan, clawing against Kingston's hold. He chuckles in his gravely voice and tugs at my waist "C'mon baby, you have to get out of bed eventually." He states, giving my waist a tug.

"No!" I whine and he sighs with that laughing amusement. I refuse to give up. I want to go back to bed and cuddle with Kingston.

He gives my waist another gentle tug "They're going to be here in two hours, I have to make you breakfast and get you in the shower before you pick out an outfit and then leave me for the day," he states and then realization dawns on him as he says the last few words.

He leaps back onto the bed with me, wrapping his arms tightly around my waist and nuzzling his face on my back "Just kidding," he grumbles "We're staying right here."