Chapter 35

She's so beautiful.

My girlfriend, sleeping peacefully next to me. The morning sun spilling in through the French doors and washing over her sleeping face. Her messy hair all tossed up and messy from moving around in her sleep.

The black sweatshirt she stole from my closet has risen up her tanned thighs, exposing the hemming of her underwear, the skin so soft under my fingertips when I brush them over the exposed skin.

   Time has vanished from my worries, the time I woke up irrelevant to this moment. Just admiring my lovely girlfriend.

   The way her chest rises and falls with every steady breath, the way her lashes brush against the skin of her cheekbones. Her messy long brown hair falling in her face unexpectedly majestic.

   She has no idea what she does to me.

   My hands drift up my sweatshirt, rubbing my thumbs in circular motions against her silky smooth skin, the idea of waffles drifting to my mind at this sunny morning.

   I promised her I'd be exactly where I was when she fell asleep in my arms once again. And I'll keep that promise.

   I'll wait till she wakes up to take her down to the kitchen and start making waffles, some coffee and hot chocolate because she doesn't like coffee.

   But waiting for her to wake it up is so hard when I just want to kiss her to death, see her walking around in nothing but my hoodie and her hair messily done up, her transparent white glasses sitting perfectly on the bridge of her nose as she sips hot chocolate happily, relaxed.

   The events that happened yesterday flood into my mind. My poor baby. She's scared of me leaving. Well, whether she wants to keep me or not I'm not going anywhere unless it's with her.

   And that includes my future as well.

   Watching her cry, shattering in my arms and I could do nothing to stop it hurt my heart. It was like a rope is wrapped around my heart, anytime a sob comes from her pretty lips it tightened and tightened until it feels like my heart would've cracked.

   Her eyelids flutter, a soft groan humming through her throat. I grasp her soft skin gently in my hands, leaning down and pampering kisses along her beautiful face.

   Her lashes twitch against her skin, her arms shifting slightly as another groan hums through her sleepy body.

   "Mi amor," I purr into her ear, kissing the soft shell gently. Her right hand raises gently batting at my chest, her eyes shut tight.

   "No," she protests, her voice hazy and slow "No baby go back to sleep." she groans, tucking her face away into the soft cushiony pillows.

   My face finds its way to her neck again as it always does, nuzzling deep into the crook to inhale her scent.

   Vanilla and my cologne.

   Just how I like it.

   A quiet chuckle drifts from my chest and her eyes squint open, her nose scrunched up at the new light. Her hand bats at my chest again "No," she rasps "No back to bed sugar."

  That stupid fucking nickname.

   Turns my ears pink every time.

   I should listen to her. I should go back to bed.

   No! I have to make her waffles with her sitting on the island countertop, sipping her steaming hot chocolate slowly so she doesn't burn her mouth, licking the liquid chocolate off her upper lip.