Chapter 13

My eyes flutter open, a yawn takes over my face as my eyes start to adjust to the dark room.

I feel something soft fisted in my fist and look to see my hands fisted on someone's sweatshirt. Something heavy is draped over my waist, and my legs feel slightly numb.

I scrunch my eyebrows in confusion as I look up and my eyes widened, my body freezing all movements. I don't blink. I don't breathe. I don't move.

It's Kingston...

I'm sleeping with Kingston.

Holy fuck I'm sleeping with Kingston!

I blink my eyes, making sure that this isn't all a dream.

It's not.

Oh my god.

Oh my god!

When did he get back?

When did he get in bed with me?

When did he start holding me?

I un-fist my right hand, pulling them back from Kingston's sweatshirt gently running my hand up his muscular arms, to his shoulders, to his neck.

My eyes follow the path my hand takes, soaking in the image of Kingston laying next to me with his arms around me. Feeling him so close to me.

He looks so peaceful when he's sleeping.

The way his face stays relaxed and calm while he takes easy breaths, the way he looks with his eyes closed, half moons against his tan skin showing in the moonlight.

I love how heavy his arms feel around my waist, I glance down to my legs to see them tangled with his.

No wonder I can't feel my legs.

I look back up at Kingston, gently tracing his face with my pointer finger, pulling in every detail of him that I can.

I never want to forget.

I gently pull my arm back down in front of me and tuck it back between my chest and Kingston's, nuzzling my face back into his chest.

This is nice.

We should do this every day.

No. Only cause he's asleep and can't see what I doing.

Aw c'mon, imagine waking up next to him every morning!

My thoughts really hate me and don't know real life.

He's a player. He just wants a good grade, not me. He doesn't want me—

"You know if you don't move I might start to think that you like me," Kingston grumbles out, startling me.

I yank back from him out of surprise, backing away from him, feeling the mattress under my hand. I go to pull myself farther away when my hand misses the edge of the mattress and I topple down to the cold wood floor.

My back makes contact with the wood first, causing me to squeeze my eyes shut as pain rips across my back. Then my legs, then my head, making my head go slightly numb and my vision fuzzy. My legs starting to tingle and prickle form the blood flow.

   Kingston chuckles as I groan on the floor, letting myself lay there as the pounding in my head slowly starts to fade.

   I opened my eyes to see Kingston's head above mine as he's still on the bed. How does he move so fast so quietly on that squeaky mattress?