Chapter 39

James and Julius cheer in the back seats as I turn on their favorite song, the speakers in my car blasting the song 'Thunder' by Imaginedragons.

As predicted, Mr. Grey won bowling, Dawson came second, Mrs. Grey came third and then the losers were me and the boys but we had an amazing time.

"Turn this up Loser!" James yells from the back making a laugh burst out of me. I quickly turn the song up, my focus going back to the road as I make a right turn onto the road that leads to the road to the Grey's mansion.

Dawson was teasing me the whole time about me and Kingston, but we got really close in the process. Just laughing and talking. Mr and Mrs. Grey talked with me about life and how I've been doing since I was shot.

I have a nice scar forming along my left shoulder but it doesn't hurt that much anymore. Maybe a stiff sting once in a while but that's only if I haven't stretched it out.

Maybe after after dinner tonight I'll ask Kingston to take a shower with me and let him touch the scar, allowing him to feel that I'm okay.

   I don't know.

   A shower with a naked Kingston sounds like a damn good plan to me.

   Shut up. No one asked for your opinion.

   Maybe but I am helpful.

   Not really.

   I flick my blinker on and take a left turn, pulling onto the road that leads to Kingston's house, Dawson following behind me with his car. Mr and Mrs. Grey rode with Dawson since the boys basically called me.

I love the Grey family.

Truly I can't imagine life without them.

James and Julius continue yelling the lyrics to 'Thunder' as we near the driveway to the mansion. Smiles on the little boys faces, their matching dimples showing on either cheek. The only difference about them is their hairstyle. Both boys wear the same clothes, have the same features.

The driveway comes up, the boys shouting happily as the steering wheels leather softly glides against my palm as I turn into the driveway.

The boys groan when I turn the volume down slightly, pulling up at the marble staircase to the mansion.

They huff in disapproval as we come to a stop. I chuckle as I shift the car into park, unlocking the doors for the boys. They quickly unbuckle, throwing the seatbelts off and pushing the doors open, sprinting up the steps to the mansion in a race. But not before slamming the doors closed.

My back meets the cool leather of my seat, the metal clinking when I push down on the seatbelt allowing it to slowly draw back from my front.

A sigh heaves from my chest, the song starting to fade into the background as my eyes fall closed, allowing the quiet to relax me.

We should probably go inside and start getting ready.

Yeah probably...

We're nervous. Why are we nervous?

I'm always nervous going on a date with Kingston, this isn't new.

I know, but something else is gnawing at us.

Like?

Like; worry we might mess something up.

Another sigh. I suck in a breath, holding it in for a few seconds before letting it out slowly, allowing the calming breathing to relax my worried nerves.