Epilogue

The sun shines down on the tile of the crystal clear pool, Zayden and Maddox rough housing it in the pool, splashing water all over the place. Carter actually decided to join in on the boys playing today, so now they're all tackling each other and wrestling in the water. Taelynn's been playing with Blake, pretending to be mermaids.

   Roxy and Rogue are laying by the pools edge, ears perked and eyes on guard duty. They're like lifeguards, but with for legs, a tail, and a snout. They're always on the watch for danger but are the most soft and kind dogs in the entire world.

Little softies.

   The sun beats down onto my skin, the tile cool under me as my feet sway in the water softly, smiling as I watch our kids playing in the pool.

   It's a hot summer day, Kingston had to run into work to fix an important issue that came up so he's not home right now.

   So me and the kids decided to go swimming. The black bikini I have on soaks in the warmth from the sun, my round gold sunglasses still perched on my head as I watch over the boys to make sure they're doing okay and checking on the girls.

   My fingers wrap around the cold glass of my pink lemonade, the ice curling around in the glass before I bring it to my lips and gulp down some of the lemonade.

   "Mom! Look at my back flip!" Zayden calls for me. Immediately my eyes snap over to our eldest son, standing on the side of the pool dripping wet in his swim trunks. He's waiting for me to watch.

   "Go ahead Zay! I'm watching!" I call to him and he grins at me before spinning around and leaping off the side of the pool.

   Have you ever felt a rush of adrenaline because you know something could go wrong?

   Yeah. That's how I feel watching my kids do a backflip off a concrete slab. Zayden flips and then lands back into the water with a large splash.

   That was impressive for as nerve wracking as it was.

   I set my drink down and clap my hands, a proud smile on my face as he surfaced from the water. Zayden looks over at me and beams, doing a little bow as he treads water softly.

   Roxy and Rogue jump up from their positions at the side of the pool, barking at the sound of the slide door being pushed open.

   My eyes snap away from the pool to be met with the beautiful pieces of gray art. "Sugar!" I call and smile as a blush rises up Kingston's neck, his black hair tussled.

   There's splashing all around me as our kids leap out of the pool "Dad!" They all yell, running over to hug my husband.

   My eyes meet his gray ones again and I can't help the smile on my face. He looks at me with such a soft smile I could melt as he wraps his arms around the five soaking bodies that just crashed into him. He doesn't care at all that they're getting his suit wet.

   "Go get some swim trunks on Dada!" Blake tells Kingston, tugging at his dress pants with large green eyes.

   "Yeah Dad!" Maddox yells and Kingston chuckles, letting our cluster of kids go. "Let me go say hi to Mommy first," he states, bopping Blake's nose first before stepping around our dripping wet kids and walking over to me.

   His big large veiny hands reach up to his tie, grabbing the knot and pulling it loose, smirking at me the closer he gets. My teeth sink into my bottom lip, staring up at my handsome husband.

   His white button up shirt is molded to his arms and chest. Showing every bit of detail I've kissed and memorized. He's still wearing his dress shoes, the slight heels clicking against the concrete as he strides his way over to me.