Chapter 12

I didn't want to leave Amara in the gym but I had to, dad needed me to run a few errands for him. And I needed to have a talk with the guy Amara went up against last.

I told Mason and Dawson to keep an eye out for her and if she needs help to help her but keep their eyes and hands to themselves.

I don't want them touching her.

My grip on the steering wheel tightens, my knuckles throbbing slightly at the death grip I have on the innocent wheel.

I can just see Mason trying to fuck her in my own damn room. I mean, he's fucked a girl in my room before. I didn't let him off the hook but there is no way anyone is touching Amara.

My Amara.

My nerd.

My Bookworm.

Slowing to a stop at a red light and stare ahead, my head bobbing to the rap music blaring from the speakers all around me. The sky is dark now and I'm pretty sure my parents are home now.

I wonder what Amara's doing. Maybe I should text her?

Nah, that'd make me seem desperate.

But I'm desperate to know what she's doing.

"Fuck it." I mutter as I grab my phone from the cup holder, checking the light as I swipe up and find her contact.

I may or may not have gotten on her phone and got her number so I could have it just in case. And maybe so I can bug her.

Quickly my fingers tap over the letters, typing quickly, trying to finish a text before the light turns to green. Yeah I'm a fast driver but I don't text and drive. That's just stupid.

Me: I'll be home in a few, what are you up to?

My eyes scan over it quickly, rereading it before hitting the arrow and watching as it sends. She hasn't texted me back yet, but she probably didn't find a reason too.

She better get back to me. It's the only way I'll know if she's safe.

The light turns green and I flick my phone off, setting it back into the center consul and hit the gas, speeding off down the road as the rap music blasts. The car vibrating because of the base.

~~~~

I've texted her 3 fucking times and she still hasn't gotten back to me.

I'm pissed and worried.

I've texted Dawson and Mason and they both said that they haven't seen her or heard from her.

The fuck could she be?

I hit the brakes as I almost fly past the turn to my street, the tires squealing against the concrete. I quickly spin the wheel and take off down the road for my house.

She better not have left.

Speeding past houses triggering their motion censor lights and making dogs bark as I fly by in a blur.

Spinning the wheel tightly to the left, my car comes screeching into the driveway, I may have left scuff marks on the concrete.

Forget that. What if Amara's hurt?

Without another thought my foot slams the brakes, the car screaming to a stop in front of the garage. I fling my door open and step out. A butler walks calmly down the steps, opening his mouth "Yes, put it away." I tell him before he asks and speed by him into the house.