Chapter 38

Opening my eyes, a bright light blinds my vision. A pounding in my head making me groan.

   What the fuck happened last night?

   I shift myself into sitting, my body stiff and sore. A blanket falling from my shoulders. Looking around my black, bright room. It's quiet, the sunrise just starting to peak through the French doors.

Why am I on the floor?

Quickly I stand up, my back stiff and tight as I scan my room. A painful groan leaves me as a headache pounds through my head like someone's repeatedly hitting me with a hammer. My fists sore and burning.

   How much did I drink?

   The door creaks and I turn to see Amara walking through the door with a water bottle and Tylenol. "Baby?" Her soft voice asks, I blink my eyes, staring at her morning figure.

   I hum in response watching as she walks towards me, her hips swaying in tight black Nikey shorts. One of my white t-shirts tied at the waist. A pair of my black socks pulled a third way up her shins. Her long brown hair pulled up into a high ponytail, the bottom of her hair brushing just below her shoulder blades.

   "How are you feeling?" Her voice is so quiet and soft, the way she swiftly drifts across the marble tile of my room. The shorts hugging her hips as she sways her way over to me.

   I shrug my shoulders as she gets closer, within arms reach. My hands instinctively make their way to her hips and draw her into me, leaning down and kissing her forehead softly "Why was I on the floor? Did I do something wrong and you made me sleep on the floor?" I ask and she giggles softly, handing me the water bottle and some Tylenol "No, you were shit faced drunk and said that if you slept in your bed it would be cheating on me so you grabbed a pillow and slept on the floor," I untwist the cap of the water bottle and throw back the pills, taking a swig of water.

   It just now catches my attention that my hands are wrapped, "What did I do?" She smiles, raising her hand and brushing her fingertips along my jawline.

   "You beat Caleb up, and then told me to fuck off because you had a girlfriend," she whispers pushing up onto her toes and kissing my lips softly.

   I raise a brow at her "Oh yeah?" She giggles, her lips pulling up "Oh yes, you were very clear that you had a girlfriend." A smile pulls at my face, my lips touching hers once more.

Her lips are shaped in a smile by the time she pulls away, her eyes twinkling brightly up at me.

She's gorgeous.

I quickly move my lips to the bare spot behind her ear that always makes her giggle, but instead my lips meet...plastic?

What?

Pulling back in confusion I stare down at her, my brows pulled together. She smiles at me, a rosy pink dusting her cheeks.

My eyes divert back to the bare spot behind her left ear and there it is. Another tattoo. My name, tattooed along the curve of her ear, but far enough back to be visible with her hair pulled up.

"Kingston's," I read the tattoo aloud and she nods, her neck flushing red, she fiddles with her fingers, her eyes never leaving mine as I stare down at her lovingly.

   She raises her arms, trailing her arms up and curling around my neck, hooking her arms behind my neck, leaning close until her head rests in the middle of my chest.

   I'm sure she can hear my heart beating out of control.

   "I've always been yours sugar," she whispers into my chest and my hand comes up and cups the back of her head, holding her against my chest, loving the fluttering feeling in my stomach.