Chapter 41

My fingers dust over the pages of one of my newest books, separating the pages apart so I can flip to the next one in the quiet of my empty house, the dogs laying over my bare feet.

   Soft music plays from the TV, the fireplace crackling in the background. Roxy lays her cold nose on my bare leg, making me laugh quietly "Your nose is so cold!" I tell her and she huffs, her tail wagging back and forth. The cute little glossy brown eyes staring up at me happily.

   She's my favorite little Rottweiler, such a beautiful black with brown fading, floppy ears and big heart. Rogue woofs quietly behind Roxy, annoyed that he's not getting any attention.

   Rogue is the huge black Doberman that everyone is scared of, when he's really just a baby with a loud bark.

   They're both laying at my feet, Roxy basically on my legs while Rogue is curled up against Roxy, resting his long nose along the folded black fur of Roxy's neck. My eyes drift from the dogs, looking around the quiet house.

   The house is beautiful, the walls a light gray with white trimming. It runs throughout the whole house like the beautiful wood flooring. Modern lights fill the room with light, gently dimmed so it isn't too bright. The living room is open to the kitchen and dining room, the kitchen is huge. I love cooking in that kitchen. The house has a large layout, a good couple ten thousand square feet. There are black paintings hanging up on the walls, black accents all over this house. Such a comforting, calm feel to this house. It makes it feel like home.

   Roxy and Rogue woofed again softly, as though they were talking to each other about something

   Then both their ears perk, looking towards the front door. A quiet little woof coming from them both. I laugh quietly, sticking my bookmark to mark my page number and closing it. Leaning to my left I set my book on the white side table, pulling my feet out from under the dogs heavy bodies and rising to my feet.

   The front door opens with a click and the dogs leap off the couch, flying towards the doors barking loudly.

   A laugh leaves me and a low chuckle drifts from the doorway.

   A black haired, tall, tattooed covered man with piercing gray eyes look over at me, his hair all misplaced and eyes slightly tired.

   I quickly make my way over to him, pushing past the barking dogs, their tails wagging happily.

   He smiles tiredly at me, dropping his briefcase down on the floor by our shoes. Smiling at him as he unbuttons his suit jacket and slips it off.

   I raise my hands, cupping his face softly in my hands, smiling up at Kingston "Welcome home baby," I whisper, pushing up onto my toes and kissing him softly.

   A sigh leaves his chest as he kisses me back softly, tossing his jacket somewhere to the side. His arms wrap around my waist, hoisting me into his arms with his hands on my ass as he walks us into the living room.