𝐎𝐧𝐞| A Deal

The act of revenging; retaliation for injuries or wrongs; vengeance

The act of revenging; retaliation for injuries or wrongs; vengeance. To take revenge for a perceived wrong.

I craved it every fucking day for six years. Six long years of planning my revenge to get those bastards. I wanted their blood on my hands as I kill them slowly. Revenge isn't that easy though. It takes patience so I'll wait for the perfect opportunity to take my chance at it.

Walking down the empty streets of New York is a way to get my mind clear of all thoughts. It's relaxing to just walk in the rain although most people find it annoying. They're just weird.

I looked down at my blood stained hands and smirked as the events from a couple of minutes ago replayed in my mind. Their screams of pain was music to my fucking ears.

Another day, another kill.

The harsh whispers of the brutal wind echoed into my ears and the rain became heavier by the second. Trees stood menacingly tall as they were forced to rock with the wind, like they were stuck in a never ending cycle of torture.

That's what my life is like. Nothing but torture. Every time I open my eyes it feels like a chore rather than a reward. Life's a gift though, right? So why does it feel like a punishment?

Tyres screeching against the road snapped me out of my thoughts. I lifted my head up to see a bright jet of light coming from the car as well as smoke dancing into the night sky. Gun shots fired into the air and I could see a dark figure crawling out of the car. The figure was covered by the smoke so I couldn't see exactly what is was.

I hid round the corner and loaded up my gun before peaking my head out of the corner. Another car pulled up and out came more figures as gunshots were fired.

You have got to be kidding me.

Holding my gun in my hands, I walked out of my corner and headed towards the chaos. I know, I'm crazy but I like chaos.

A smirk plastered across my face as the figures came into my view. They all turned their attentions towards me and immediately held me at gun point. Idiots.

They were all wearing black suits with blood seeping out of their shirts and masks covering their faces.

"What a shit show." I chuckled, looking around at the obscuring fire before me and the dead body on the ground. Huh? I didn't even notice that earlier.

Anyway back to whoever these fucks are.

One of them leaned over to whisper something in the others ear as they nodded their head in response.

"You got insurance for that?" I gestured towards the blown up car by my side. Shit, it was an Audi as well.

"Shut the fuck up. Who are you?" One of the spat out angrily, as all the men surrounded me in a circle, making me roll my eyes. His Russian accent rolled off his tongue smoothly.