𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

Coming home to absolute chaos is what it's always been like for the past two and a half years

"Matteo!" My wife yells, chasing around a half naked two year old with a pair of pyjama pants in her hands.

Matteo has always been the energetic, wild,  misbehaved twin compared to his sister, Reyna, who is ten minutes younger than him.

Anyways, we decided to name our son Matthew Alessandro Del Rosso because River wanted to name him after her father but we decided that his nickname will obviously be Matteo.

He has brunette curls, inherited from me, and blue eyes, inherited from River. Reyna has black hair, inherited from her mother, and green eyes, that are inherited from me. Some would say they look nothing a like but River thinks otherwise because she says they have my genes—something she's happy about for whatever reason.

"No Mamà! No!" He yells, shaking his head as the sound of tiny feet slapping against the tiled floor echos into the house.

"Come here, baby. You're going to catch a cold." She says softly. It is snowing outside and I'm surprised he hasn't caught one yet.

Sighing, I catch the little shit in my arms and shake my head at him when he tries wriggling out of my grip.

"Ciao Papà!" He says, grinning at me with his cute little dimples.

"Ciao ometto," I say with a smile as I kiss the top of his head, "Why are you giving Mamà are hard time, hm?"

(Little man)

"No pants." He pouts adorably and shakes his head defiantly as he crosses his tiny arms over his chest.

"Big boys wear pants. You want to be a big boy?" I say, raising an eyebrow and continue when he nods his head, "Then put your pants on, okay?"

"." He says, nodding his head continuously with a grin.

I peck his cheek and set him back down on to the floor. He immediately runs back to River, who kisses his temple, and eagerly puts his pants on before running off else where.

River sighs and walks over to where I am with a smile. I extend my arms out to her, feeling my lips curve upwards at the sight of my beautiful girl. Even after all these years with her my heart still skips a foolish beat for her.

She walks right into my arms and lets out a satisfied sigh when I wrap my arms around her. She lays her head on my chest and slips her arms underneath my suit jacket to wrap them around my waist.

"Hi beautiful." I murmur into her soft hair and kiss the top of her head.

She hums in response, leaning upwards and placing a soft kiss on my jaw.

I run my hands through her hair and tilt her chin up, pecking her lips. "How's my girl?" I say against her mouth.

"Tired. Matteo has been a pain in the ass today." She sighs exaggeratedly.