𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲|Leaving

"I'm not coming back to New York with you

"I'm not coming back to New York with you." Ace says, his eyes focused on the road.

My head snaps in his direction, "Why's that then?" I furrow my eyebrows, confused about the sudden change of plans.

He moves his attention away from the road, making direct eye contact with me, "I have shit to take care of." He says, directing his gaze back to the road.

One of his hands were on the steering wheel, the other was gripping on to the gear stick. The wind ruffled our hair from the ajar windows and the moonlight reflected on our faces.

"When will you be back?" I ask him, looking out the window.

"In a couple of days." He says, "Don't miss me too much." He smirks, glancing over at me.

"I can assure you that I won't miss you." I scoff, rolling my eyes.

"Ouch." He fakes his pained expression.

"Did I hurt your feelings Ace?" I exaggeratedly pout at him.

"Say you'll miss me and I'll feel better." He smirks.

"I'll miss you so much." I say sarcastically, feeling my lips curve upwards.

"Yeah you will, malyshka." He says with a cocky smile resting on his lips.

"Are you sure you won't miss me?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"There's nothing to miss." He playfully rolls his eyes, shooting me a grin.

I smack the back of his head lightly, smiling a little, "Kiss my ass." I chuckle, shaking my head.

"Sure if you're into that." He says, moving hand off the gear stick to squeeze my thigh.

"Shut up." I push his shoulder, smiling slightly.

The corner of his lips rise a little as he uses his thumb to rub circles on my thigh. My eyes drop down to the action, finding it oddly comforting. Even the smallest things he does is comforting to me.

I find myself reaching over to his hand, lightly brushing my fingers against his veins and rings. His eyes drift down to our hands briefly yet he doesn't say anything nor does he move away.

He flips his palm the other way round so I slide my hands in his. His hands are cold yet soft. He intertwines our fingers together and rubs circles on the back of my hand with his thumb. For the rest of the drive our intertwined hands rest on my lap with a comfortable silence settling around us.

xXx

Ace has been busy all day with meetings so I haven't seen him since yesterday. His flight leaves in a couple of hours which means I won't see him for a few days.