𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲|The Truth

"I love you!" He yelled over the rain

I love him.

He loves me.

I stood there in shock, not believing that this man loves me back.

"That's why! I hate that you are constantly on my mind, I hate that I can't go a day without seeing your face or hearing your voice! I hate all of the feelings I have for you!"

Three words was all it took for my heart to stop. Three words was all it took for the air to still around us. Those three words settle in the air between us, ringing through my ears like a broken record. A record I wanted to play over and over again just to hear him say it to me again. Just to make sure I'm  not dreaming. It only took three words to change this whole deal.

"Say something, please." He pleaded as the rain became heavier and heavier.

"Fuck it." I muttered under my breath.

I gripped onto his collar, smashing my lips against his. He immediately responded by wrapping his arms around my waist, deepening the kiss. My hands made their way to his wet hair, lightly tugging on it as his tongue slipped into my mouth. One of his hands made their way to the back of my neck and he pushed me further into the kiss.

"I love you, Ace." I breathe out as soon as we pull away, "You're such an asshole but I love you."

"I'm sorry. I just," He swallow thickly, leaning his forehead against mine, "I don't know how to put my feelings into words."

"That's okay. I'm here to listen, you know that, right?" I say, cupping his cheeks, his stubble was rough against my palms.

He fiddles with the drawstring of my hoodie, dropping his gaze to it as he slowly nods his head.

"Right?" I ask again, tilting his chin up to meet my gaze.

"Yeah." He whispers loud enough for me to hear over the rain.

"Good. And I want you to know that I'll never leave you." I say, brushing away the wet hair on his forehead.

"Promise?" He mumbles, tightening his grip around me.

"Promise." I say, smiling up at him.

He smiles and buries his face into my neck, inhaling a deep breath. I shiver and hug him close to me, seeking his warmth.

He notices and lifts his head up, "Fuck, I'm sorry baby." He says, picking me up and carrying me inside.

"You're a real piece of shit, Ace." I sigh, biting my lip to stop myself from smiling when he playfully slaps my ass.

"I'm working on it." He says, closing the front door.

"Asshole, you're gonna get my River sick." Theo gasps dramatically, scowling at Ace as he walks over to us from the living room.