𝐒𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐲|"I'll do it again"

They say your life flashes before your eyes and all the memories you have ever made comes rushing back to you

They say your life flashes before your eyes and all the memories you have ever made comes rushing back to you. Yeah, that shit didn't happen to me.

I just see white so maybe I'm not dead. I can't feel anything too.

A hear a voice echo into my ear but I can't fully register who it is. They speak again so I groan and groggily open my eyes. I squint my eyes to adjust to the bright light beaming on my face.

"Finally!" I hear someone say I turn my head to the side and see Alea grinning at me.

"How long was I out for?" I rasp, rubbing my eyes and stretching.

"An hour. You have surgery in two." She says, giving me a bottle of water. I thank her and take a sip of it before putting it to the side.

I scan the room and furrows my eyebrows. "Where's Ac-"

The room door flies open.

"RIVER— River—"

I turn my head to the side.

Ace is standing there, face flushed, chest rising and falling, staring at me like I might be a ghost. His brunette hair was wet along with his clothes as I can see his defined muscles through the thin layer of clothing he was wearing.

He strides across the room before I get a chance to say a word and cups my face in his hands, his eyes searching me. "Are you okay?" He says. "God—are  you okay? What happened? Are you all right?"

And here he is.

"What the hell happened to you?" I say, gaping at his drenched state.

He wraps me up in his arms, not bothering to answer me. He just holds me, one arm tight
around my waist, the other held to the back of my head. My face is buried in his chest and the warmth of him is so familiar to me now. Comfort.

He runs his hands up and down my back, tilting his head down to mine. "You scared me." He says out of breath and kisses the top of my head.

I pull back and gaze up at him. "What the hell happened to you?" I repeat.

He sighs and leans his forehead against mine. "There was traffic so I left Theo in the car and ran here. Then it started to storm," He steps back, waving his hand over his attire, "as you can see."

"You ran.. You.." I gape at him. "You idiot!" I scold him as my gaze turns into a glare.

"What? Why?" He furrows his eyebrows.

"What if you catch a cold?" I scowl at him and  smack the back of his head.

"I thought I lost you, River. What was I suppose to do? Sit around and wait in the fucking car?" He scoffs, rolling his eyes.

I sigh and wrap my arms around his neck. "That was incredibly stupid of you, Ace."

"I'll do it again." He says sternly.