58

—SEOUL, SOUTH KOREAhannam-dong, UN Village

—SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA
hannam-dong, UN Village

"Beomgyu!"

He froze in an instant. It was like her voice was a spell to Beomgyu and no matter how much heart break he was experiencing at the moment, the very second his girlfriend were to call out for him, he'd stop in a heartbeat.

"No," Beomgyu felt a pair of arms wrap around his waist, making a couple tears fall from his eyes once more. "It can't end like this—I won't let it," Myeonji let go just to grab his arms and turn him around for face her. His head dropped and Beomgyu couldn't bring himself to look at her in the eyes even if she was desperately trying to do so. "Whenever we fight, you're the first one who comes back and fixes things with me. I might still be a fucking idiot for still keeping secrets, but I'll start changing, I swear! I'll start by being the one who fixes things." She was still looking for his chestnut eyes, but his hair covered most of it.

"Didn't you hear what Hana said?" Beomgyu's voice was way different compared to before and his question made Myeonji tilt her head. It was more raspy and low, it was because he had let out a few tears. "We're too fucking young for this. We're high schoolers, goddamit! The problem with us is that we don't look at the future, all we look at is the present which is still so bad! We're so different, you're rich, I'm barely surviving. You have a bright future ahead of you, I don't even know what I want to do. You're so good at making friends while I'm just lucky to have been placed into a spot with Yeonjun and the others! Can't you see? We can't work, we always fight—"

Myeonji shut him up with a kiss.

She was determined to keep their lips connected until he stopped with the nonsense. Maybe it wasn't even nonsense, but she didn't want him to say all those bad things about their relationship. They only parted when a raindrop fell on Beomgyu's cheek, a perfect coverup to his tears.

"You idiot," He whispered as the rain grew heavier. "You know kissing me won't solve anything, right?"

"Yeah, but it certainly shut you up," She told him, a small grin appearing on her lips. However, it immediately disappeared once she noticed Beomgyu frowning. "What's wrong? Are you still mad? I'm sorry," She said while in a daze. "Your expression, it's too familiar, Beomgyu..." Myeonji backed up, hands gently slapping over her mouth as her tears blurred her vision. Beomgyu's face, his expression, and his aura... It made her heart shatter.

He looked just like when she first met him, when he had just broken up with Ryujin a couple months prior.

"I look like him don't I?" It was only then when Beomgyu glanced up to meet her eyes. They were void of emotions, it looked like Beomgyu was lifeless. "When we first met, I look like young, freshly-broken-up-by-Ryujin-Beomgyu, huh?" He neared her and once she was a foot closer, his face twisted into pain. "You swore you wouldn't hurt me and I swore the same... Myeonji, we were destined to break up the moment we broke that first promise to each other back when you wished I was more like my best friend."

Myeonji bit her lip, guilt flooding within her in a flash. She wondered how Beomgyu did this everytime they got into a fight, be so confident and to know what to say. She was getting self-conscious and was seriously wondering if it would have been better to let him cool off. But of course and like always, she had to mess things up.

"Just... Before I let you go, can you answer one question I have?" She ignored his devastating words from before and mustered up all the courage to look him in the eye. She get her breath stop for a moment once she locked eyes with his, he was already gazing at her. "Everything... Do you think that everything between us—our love, our relationship—was rushed? Did it not feel genuine to you?"

There was a deafening silence that followed up. The pitter-patter of the rain was the only thing that was heard and once in a while, a car would zoom past the two; then, it'd be quiet again.

"Yes. And no," Beomgyu finally uttered, making Myeonji cry out silently. She failed as a girlfriend, she broke his heart and made things feel rushed and not genuine between them. "It's not that I didn't cherish our love and our relationship, but it certainly did feel rushed, don't you think? I feel like we thought we could live that high school romance like in dramas the moment we locked eyes," Myeonji wanted Beomgyu to shut up, his words were killing her. "But, the love and relationship was genuine—at least to me and I did feel like you loved me. I wouldn't have dated you for half a year if I didn't love you for real, silly." He stepped closer.

"And, it's not like... It's not like we're officially breaking up right now. Let's talk it out tomorrow and talk about it with our friends at first to gain some insight. But, in the end, it will have to be out choice to make," He rose a hand and moved a strand of hair away from her face. It was a little hard since it was a little stuck there. "Get inside now, okay? You'll get a cold." And with that being said, Beomgyu let go—again—and slowly began walking off.

As he did though, Myeonji never moved a muscle. The scene in front of her eyes was truly scary to her. Never in her entire relationship had thought that she'd see Beomgyu walking away from her twice. As she thought about his, she came to a revelation that maybe her boyfriend was right. They never looked at the future, they never considered what would happen to them after high school.

Was this all a highschool fling?

𝘼𝙐𝙏𝙃𝙊𝙍𝙎 𝙉𝙊𝙏𝙀。
heyo y'all, it's been a while LOL
i'm sorry, i'm just super lazy :>

and, i have a question—wait first i just want to point out how funny you guys are!!!! literally was reading the comments last chapter and why are y'all convinced that this book is done 😭 cause it's literally not 💀 it would be a shitty ending if i stoppped it here, i know that because i did make a bad ending (chapter like 49 or smth) but decided to fix it and continue the book you silly gooses 😌

but yeah, okay? the book IS NOT DONE yet, so stop crying because i don't want your pretty faces to worry <3

anywho, the question i have is: would it be better if i made like a time skip chapter and continued the story on this book, or should i make a whole 'nother book that's a sequel? i'm good with anything, i just want to know what you guys want!

i'm leaning towards a new book for a sequel because i have like this whole university!au idea thang and i think it might be long too because spolier; we gon start all the way from the beginning again besties cause i wrote this when i was like 3 years old and my planning was absolute garbage 🤡 and not to toot my own horn, but i think my writing has gotten better 🤨

but that's all, vote, comment and follow for updates you rats

i love youuuuuu