47

—SEOUL, SOUTH KOREAhannam-dong, UN Village

—SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA
hannam-dong, UN Village

Paparazzi and bright lights followed her all day. When she noticed, Myeonji figured that her parent's had come out about the divorce. It was strange how this felt, being followed, questions being thrown your way and people taking unnecessary amounts of pictures without your consent. The teen scoffed as she imagined how many articles would pop up tomorrow and how many there were already.

Myeonji was actually sent home with all the commotion she was in. The teachers were saying how the paparazzi distracted their classes. So no matter how much the principal was trying his best to kick them out, he was always faced with more meaning that Myeonji had to be sent home, as well as her older sister.

It was six in the afternoon and Myeonji was shocked that her father still wanted to eat dinner with her. Sadly, her mother was no longer living in the house and had left earlier that day to live with her parents in the States.

"How was school?" Her father did his best to start a conversation with her. At this moment, Myeonji had regretted declining Yukhei's offer to eat dinner at his house with Wonyoung. After the situation yesterdy, it was obvious that Wonyoung didn't want to spend a second in the house so she was glad that her boyfriend could offer her a place to stay for now. The atmosphere back home was tense, and Myeonji absolutely hated it.

"I got sent home remember?" She bluntly replied. Even though her father hadn't said anything about her the other day, she was still pissed at him for carelessly saying those things to her sister who happened to be there—even if he had intended for Wonyoung to hear.

"Right," Sunoh sighed. He motioned Hana over and she took his dishes as he stood up. "I'll be in my office, have a good afternoon, Myeonji." And with that being said, Myeonji's father was back in his office, where she knew he was doing anything but work.

Myeonji stood up, not having eaten anything on her plate and rushed upstairs to her room. Like how her father was with his office, Myeonji found refuge in her room. She felt like it was her only safe space because it sort of was. Thankfully though, she had made plans with her friends this afternoon to help her ease her mind from all the problems going on at her house.

After Beomgyu had come over yesterday, she told him everything. It was really hard for Myeonji, but she did it. Beomgyu expressed how awful he felt for her and the two spent the rest of the day cuddling in Myeonji's sheets watching movies. She hadn't even known how fast time had passed and had no clue he even left until she woke up the next day, alone in her room.

There was a knock on her door that brought her out of her thoughts. Myeonji replied with a quick: "Yeah?" before the door opened revealing Chaewon. Myeonji stood up instantly and hugged her best friend. It hadn't occurred to Myeonji that the two have been apart for so long.