38

—SEOUL, SOUTH KOREAhanlim high school

—SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA
hanlim high school

Myeonji's day began with an awkward and tense atmosphere inside her household. As she had breakfast, Hana and Naeun were very quiet which made Myeonji question things. Usually, they bickered about who would have the last piece of bacon, and be really loud to the point where Myeonji would have to ask them to stop.

If Myeonji were to ask what was going on, Naeun would immediately glance at Hana, then they would both say nothing. She was also awoken at five in the morning by her dad asking if she had seen her mom. Of course, Myeonji had just woken up so she hadn't see her.

What was going on?

That's all Myeonji was thinking about right now in her gym class. They were doing soccor as basketball season had now passed. Myeonji was knocked back into reality when Chaewon had hit her in the head wih her soccer ball. As she groaned, Chaewon rushed to help her and the four boys excluding Beomgyu just laughed. Where was Beomgyu anyways?

One thing that was great about this semesters gym class was that they were mixed classes meaning that all seven of them now had a period altogether.

"This is what I get on a Monday morning," Myeonji glared at Chaewon. "Yesterday was stressful enough." She continued as Chaewon patted her head.

"I'm sorry, but you were out of it." Chaewon defended her actions. She grabbed Myeonji by the wrist and dragged her back to the bleachers where Chaewon was originally. "What's got you so distracted?" She asked, sneaking her phone out and checking the time. She sighed in relief when she realized class ends in less than ten minutes.

"My parents are acting super sus," Myeonji rested her head on her hands as they leaned on her knees. "Ever since Saturday. My mom was like, 'oh we have to talk.', but then she waved it off and now, she's been gone for the past two days." She explained to her best friend who thankfully, was there to listen to her rant. "Where is she? And why is she gone?"

Chaewon let out a hum. Then she shrugged her shoulders. "I hope she's alright. And I hope you're alright too, Myeonji." Chaewon swung an arm around her shoulders. "I hope whatever happens, you know that I'm always here for you."

Myeonji looked away from the commotion Hueningkai was creating inside the gym and looked beside her to her best friend. "Thank you, Chae." She leap forward and hugged her best friend. Myeonji always knew that Chaewon was a great buddy of hers, but right now, she realized that Chaewon is someone she should cherish. She acts as if they've known each other since forever and gladly welcomed her inside her tight friend group. That was something Myeonji was very grateful for.