1

—SEOUL, SOUTH KOREAhanlim high school

—SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA
hanlim high school

Myeonji stared at the new school she'd be attending. She was at the bottom of the really unnecessary, long set of stairs that led to the school. Myeonji sighed as she heard the bell and watched as each student slowly started to enter the school and vanish from her sight.

Just get the day done, Myeonji thought. You see, she's a new student here at this school. For all her life she's been homeschooled due to her parents' fame. She was everything a girl would wish for. "Perfect" face, "perfect" body. You'd think she was happy, right? Well, in this case, she wasn't.

Hwang Myeonji felt alone. Always. Her parents never made time for her with business always being the top priority and she's different from those other kids. Plus it's not like people liked her. They loved her because of money yet hated her because they were envious of her life.

"Do you have somewhere to be, young lady?" A voice came from behind her. Myeonji turned around and immediately bowed before the person. It was a teacher.

"Yes, sir. I'll be on my way." Myeonji told the teacher. With that being said, she headed up the stairs. Once at the top, she met eyes with a girl sitting down on one of the benches. Myeonji being the socialite she is, went up to her.

"Hello." Myeonji bowed. "Why aren't you in class?" She asked out of curiosity. I mean, everyone else was gone.

The girl eyed Myeonji up and down. "None of your business." She replied. She then stood up becoming the same height as Myeonji. "But, why aren't you in class?" She asked while holding onto her backpack strap.

Myeonji was slightly taken aback. She somehow recognized this girl. Brown hair, bangs. It seemed all too familiar. "Do I know you?" Myeonji asked out of the blue.

The girl seemed shocked at the sudden question but she still nodded. "Actually yes. My names Chaewon. I'm one of the regulars at one of your parents' cafe. Namjin Café?" She informed Myeonji. "I always go there because they give extra sprinkles."

Myeonji smiled small recognizing the girl. "Oh yeah. I know you."

Chaewon looked around noticing their surroundings. "We should probably get to class." Myeonji agreed and started walking with her inside the school.

"Hey, what class are you in?" Myeonji asked hoping that they'd be in the same class.

"Uh, I'm in class two," Chaewon answered.

"Bummer," Myeonji sighed. "I'm in class five."

Chaewon suddenly grabbed Myeonji's wrist. "Be careful, I've heard that class has this sort of new transfer student. He went here a year ago and left but then recently came back to Hanlim." Chaewon brought the girl closer to her and whispered: "And apparently, he's cold as ice."

"I heard about that too." Myeonji nodded. "I will, plus I'm not really looking for a relationship."

Chaewon chuckled. "I never said don't like him, just I've heard he's sort of rude."

Myeonji could feel her cheeks heat up. "O-Oh right." She scratched the back of her neck.

"Well, I'll get going. This is my class." Chaewon pointed to a door they walked upon. "But hey, I'd love to be friends if you're down."

Myeonji could feel a smile creep up on her face. "Yeah, sure."  Myeonji tilted her head. "Chaewon tell me, how do you feel being my first friend in forever?" She asked jokingly.

Chaewon put a hand on her chest. "Trust me I am honoured." She slightly bowed making Myeonji giggle.

Chaewon waved a final time before walking into her class slowly and quietly making sure that the teacher wouldn't hear. Myeonji, on the other hand, was quite relieved that she had managed to make her first friend. In fact, she felt a little less lonely.

2022 me: also, guys. i'm re-reading my book to correct any grammatical errors (it's a painful process since this is so cringy to me lol) and i came across a statement i made when i first wrote this book: "She was everything a girl would wish for. "Perfect" face, "perfect" body."

what the actual fuck was going on in my head 😛

having a perfect face and perfect body isn't every damn girls wish lmao. and if it is, so be it! i feel absolutely terrible for implying so. and i wanna mention that describing a so-called perfect body/face is limitless. it's undefinable because everyone has different preferences and goals for their face and/or body.

plus, we're all stunning the way we are. i'm so sorry for writing that, it's honestly embarrassing. but, it's my oc i'm writing and that's how she views herself ig — not that it's an excuse for my poor expression lmaooo. sending love to you all mwah 💋