42

—SEOUL, SOUTH KOREAhanlim high school

—SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA
hanlim high school

A week had passed and everything was worse. Myeonji barely even spoke to her friends now, making her hang out with Ryujin and her friends more. She was beyond grateful when Ryujin stood up for her one afternoon when girls kept pestering her and decided that it was time to maybe move on from all the commotion with Beomgyu. If he wanted a break, then that's what Myeonji will give him.

She also became closer to Wonyoung and Yukhei. They started dating, and Myeonji couldn't be more proud of her sister for changing how Yukhei viewed relationships. Yukhei used to be seen as a cute yet oblivious player, but now he saw the importance of a serious relationship. And he's been very kind and loyal to Wonyoung ever since.

Right now, Myeonji was on her way to the lunchroom to eat with Ryujin and Yuna. Yeji and Chaeryeong were spying on Lia who had a little date with a boy. As she pushed the door opened, Myeonji was taken aback when a boy's head hit the door.

Myeonji immediately clasped her hands on her mouth. "I am so sorry!" She bowed before gulping. Once the boy looked up, she awkwardly smiled. "Sorry, Hwa."

Seonghwa groaned and kept rubbing his forehead. "Myeonji?" He instantly looked down at the girl. He sighed and then smiled happily right after. "It's all good. Do you wanna come to get ramen with me at the convenience store down the street? The food today isn't too appetizing."

Myeonji looked at a student's tray as he walked by. She scrunched her face and nodded vigorously at Seonghwa's suggestion. "Yes please." She said making Seonghwa burst out laughing.

Seonghwa and Myeonji also got closer. No, they arent that version of close, but more of a friendship type close. Seonghwa had also stood up for Myeonji when she was getting interrogated by students. She never really realized how big Beomgyu and her relationship was until the news of them taking a break spread like wildfire.

The two walked out of the school grounds together and made small talk. Myeonji knew that her hanging out with Seonghwa was manipulative because the real reason she started talking to him was to get closer to Chaewon. Myeonji couldn't help but miss her. Also, it was he who beat Beomgyu in the face. It felt wrong, but who else was she supposed to hang out with other than Ryujin? Myeonji was pretty social so it really can't be helped.

The bell jingled as Seonghwa opened the door for both of them. "Seonghwa! Myeonji! Welcome both of you!" Mrs. Choi greeted from the counter. Myeonji bowed, Seonghwa did the same.

"Myeonji?"

A whispered voice caught her attention. She looked at the aisles and her eyes widened slightly when she saw Beomgyu. He was wearing the store's uniform. There was talk at school about Beomgyu working at the convenience store to help his parents since they were getting really busy with business, but she didn't really believe it.