20

‒SEOUL, SOUTH KOREAhannam-dong, UN Village

‒SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA
hannam-dong, UN Village

"Stepsister, your turn to live with grandma."

Myeonji's eyes widened, not in shock, but in disbelief. She looked at her mom. "Mother, you can't be serious! Again?!"

Eulji couldn't bring herself to look at her daughter. Inside those cold eyes of her father, he tried his best to hold back tears threatening to release themselves. Even though he was always so cheerful and other times cold around his daughter, he still loved her―a lot and as he stated, just wanted the best for her. Sometimes just seeing Myeonji so scared and sad hit Wooseok hard.

"Mother, Father this is just my second or third month here!" She pleaded, also fighting back the tears. "Can't you just make me stay? I promise to do my best in school―"

"Fine, fine!" The same irritating voice interrupted Myeonji. It was Wonyoung. "Sis, shut up already, geezus me!"

Myeonji was holding herself back from throwing hands at Wonyoung. Myeonji's stressed state changed in a split second when she laid eyes on her. The tears suddenly went: gotta blast, real quick. The two stepsisters never got along. The truth was, Wooseok wasn't Myeonji's real father. He was better than Myeonji's real dad though. Myeonji's mom re-married into a strong―and not to mention a wealthy relationship―with Wooseok and now she is stuck with Hwang Wonyoung, a rather annoying sibling according to Myeonji.

"Dad please make her stop begging before she even starts crying. It's scary when she cries!" Wonyoung looked at her younger sister up and down. 

"Wonyoung stay out of this, dear." Eulji held her other daughter by the shoulders. She was slightly annoyed at how Wonyoung would interrupt every now and then. "This is a matter that involves me, your dad, your grandparents and Myeonji only."

Myeonji had a small sense of hope in her heart. She was a little―just a little!―grateful for Wonyoung's bothersome intervene's at this moment. Myeonji hoped that she could convince them to make her stay in Seoul. As crazy as it sounds, Wonyoung would really be the only person to convince them. Just favourite child, tingz.