59

—SEOUL, SOUTH KOREAmagic island diner

—SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA
magic island diner

"Myeon? I got your text..."

Instantly, the sad girl turned towards the voice. She gave them a nice smile, watching as they sat down in front of her in the booth she was at. "That's good, it's nice to see you."

"Can we not pretend like you're okay? I want to know why you look like a dying rat. Your eyes are all red and your voice is so hoarse, babes," Wonyoung sat up straight and crossed her arms with a look of disgust on her face, though, it was there to hide her worry. "You good?"

"Uh," Myeonji started, sitting up in a better position as well. "I'm a little hurt, I wouldn't say I'm in the best condition but," She glanced outside, it was only then she noticed how hard the rainfall had gotten since she last saw Beomgyu a couple hours ago. She hadn't called or texted him since. "I'm good, yeah."

"You just made no sense," Wonyoung sighed, leaning forward to place a hand gently on Myeonji's. The younger flinched a little since this was the very first time her older sister had initiated sweet contact with her. Usually, it was a loving push or a gentle punch, never a kind gesture like this. "You're hurt, but you're good? Myeonji, what happened?"

"Beomgyu broke up with me—" Her voice broke at the end.

Wonyoung, for the hundredth time, exhaled and backed up. "Okay, if I'm being honest, I lied. I knew what went down between you and your boyfriend because he told me."

"What?" Myeonji's eyes widened.

"I-It's not a big deal, Myeon. Beomgyu knew how much of an overthinker you are and texted me to make sure that you knew he didn't break up with you. He told me he even told you when you guys had the confrontation earlier..." She informed Myeonji which made her stomach drop.

"So, he texted you and not me."

"Well, you guys did have a little dispute, right? Maybe he can't just face you yet," Wonyoung told her and soon, since Myeonji had nothing much to say to that, a silence fel over the Hwang sisters.

The sounds of the diner filled their ears since their voices didn't. Sounds of glass clinking and the soft songs coming from the vintage jukebox in the corner really helped to make the atmosphere a little brighter. But, anyone could tell that the two were having a bad day even just by batting an eye at them. Wonyoung was frowning, sad for her sister and Myeonji just had that aura around her, the heartbroken one.

"I really think that you should come back to America with me," Wonyoung gazed upwards and when she saw Myeonji let out a tired sigh before opening her mouth to speak, she continued. "I know you're gonna say no, but haven't you noticed how your mental health has severely gotten worse since you came to Korea? First, it was about mom and dad's fame getting to you, and then about how they had a very public divorce, and I'm sorry to be the one telling you this, but also how you're constantly fighting with Beomgyu. Maybe I'm just out of touch since you are younger than me and probably have more dating experience than I do to be honest, but this is hurting you, Myeonji. At least in the US you don't have to worry, it's calm there and you know that."

She did know—Myeonji knew that her life was way better than it had ever been since moving here when she was in the States with her grandparents. It worried her, why did she miss the US so much? She didn't want to go, right?

"I know I keep telling you, but now, I'm leaving in a week—this Friday. If you come with, you can say goodbye to your friends, leave with me and you won't have to go to school to face them the very next week. It'll be like you totally vanished into thin air." Wonyoung explained, and Myeonji loved the idea of just disappearing.

But, she also didn't.

"That sounds amazing, to vanish like that, but I don't want to be one that runs from their problems." She spoke up for the first time in a while.

"And I get that, but when your problem is mentally killing you, it's good to take a break from trying to fix it over and over again and to just relax for a while. You've been so busy these days I haven't even gotten to eat a meal with you these past weeks. And you only talk to me when you need my advice—which is okay!—but I'm your sister, I want to just chill out with you once in awhile, hm? No boy problems allowed, too."

Unexpectedly, Myeonji let out a soft snort which Wonyoung caught. "Hey! I'm being honest and serious here!" She told her sister, but inside was honestly glad that she was laughing now.

"I want to talk to my friends about it first," She uttered and Wonyoung could do nothing but nod.

"Yeah, yeah, of course," She mumbled. Then, a silence fell over them. Neither girls had or chose to speak, they were both in deep thought. "But, before you go an ask them for their opinions, I just want to say that if they're really your true friends, they'd understand and let you go. If you tell them the truth—that you're mind is clouded here in Seoul and that you need a refresh, they'll tell you to do what's best for you."

Looking at Wonyoung's eyes, Myeonji could see that she was strangely desperate. Did her older sister want her to go to the States with her?

"And you're strong Myeonji. But, you're just too much of a people pleaser sometimes. Do something for you, for once,"

𝘼𝙐𝙏𝙃𝙊𝙍𝙎 𝙉𝙊𝙏𝙀。
HI GUYS. WASSUP LMAOOOOOO

i just wanted to thank you all for your patience. if i were you id be k!ll!ng me rn cuz i have not touched wattpad in over a year or two 💀 i started this book when i was a sophomore now im in my first year in college (wtf) so ofc, ive been hella busy and if ive sorta refocused myself into my real life and studies. ive quite literally grown alongside this book <3

i actually hopped back on this app because i was going thru my offloaded apps and i saw wattpad! then i remembered im basically wattpad famous so i redownloaded the app lol (im joking no one knows me)

i feel so so sorry for not updating in forever, but my love for writing is still here! i'll do my best to update when i can okieee?

i love you all, thanks for being so patient to the new readers, and the ones who've been here when i was just starting out.

mwah!