32

—SEOUL, SOUTH KOREAhanlim high school

—SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA
hanlim high school

Myeonji beamed as her boyfriend got within her sight. Beomgyu had his eyes on his phone, but once he heard Myeonji calling out for him, his eyes were peeled off the device in an instant and instead, trying to find his girlfriend.

As the two collided eyes, Beomgyu smiled and began jogging towards her. When Beomgyu reached Myeonji, he immediately wrapped his arms around her torso, lifting her up and spinning her around. Myeonji was shocked, but still very amused.

Once Beomgyu placed her back down, she grabbed his hand and started walking to the library where they would get Hueningkai and Taehyun making small talk on the way. Chaewon was still waiting for Yeonjun and Soobin. "Why so cheerful, Gyu?" Myeonji asked. "It's not a bad thing, it's... Surprising and adorable." She added making Beomgyu laugh and tighten the grip on her hand.

"I think I did well in tryouts today," Beomgyu acknowledged. Myeonji congratulated him silently by applauding for him, not trying to interrupt Beomgyu who was still speaking.

Just before the couple entered the library, Beomgyu stopped both of them and dragged Myeonji to his locker instead. She was surprised but still followed. He opened the metal door and shoved his gym bag inside, and took out a white box. Myeonji furrowed her eyebrows in confusion when he turned his body towards her.

"Thank you for entering my life, Myeonji." Beomgyu smiled small at his girlfriend. Myeonji, on the other hand, was once again taken aback at his sudden words but very touched nonetheless. "As you probably know by now, last year was very rough for me. I got cheated on and I lost all my happiness because I relied too much on that one person who hurt me the most. But then you showed up out of literally nowhere," Beomgyu paused to take a moment to laugh, Myeonji laughing along with him.

"I was cold and distant to you at first because you stood out to me the moment I laid my eyes on you. You were so gorgeous and your personality was very unique. You got along with so many people because you're so social and cute." Beomgyu reached forwards and held Myeonji's hand. He placed the small beautiful box inside her palm and then let go. "You. You were the one that was able to change me. You could tell when I was sad, happy or stressed and you've always been there for me to cheer me up. I love that about you, Myeon. I love you."

Myeonji reached forward for Beomgyu's shoulders and pulled him in for a hug. Beomgyu accepted and pulled her into his embrace as well. After departing from the hug, Myeonji looked inside her palm and studied the small box.

She could tell something was inside and that maybe it was previous to Beomgyu. But still, she couldn't tell why he was giving it to her.