2

—SEOUL, SOUTH KOREAhanlim high school

—SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA
hanlim high school

Myeonji entered her first class after ten minutes of wandering around the halls to find it. Turns out it was the one right across Chaewon's class. The first thing Myeonji noticed was the empty seat right in front of the door. The one in the corner which she immediately sat down in. Myeonji put down her bag and sighed as she had accomplished getting into her class.

Myeonji looked around the classroom and took out exactly what the students had out. Some textbooks, a notebook and a few pencils. When she looked back up again, she met eyes with the teacher. Shoot. Myeonji was expecting the teacher to get mad but she wasn't. Maybe she cut her some slack since she was new.

"Well, well..." The teacher spoke interrupting her lesson. "Looks like our real new student has arrived." She waved Myeonji over to her, to the front of the class. All the students looked where the teacher was and Myeonji began to feel the pressure. The teacher with her welcoming smile waved to Myeonji again. "Come on, introduce yourself."

Myeonji looked around and noticed everyone was looking at her. Screw it, she thought and then stood up. Sure she was nervous but still, she wanted to leave a good impression.

"Hello," Myeonji bowed as she reached the front of the class. "My name is Hwang Myeonji—"

She was cut off by a ring from her hoodie pocket. Some students giggled and some whispered. Not knowing what to do, Myeonji looked back up at the teacher.

"Myeonji, welcome to the class. But we have one rule with Love Alarm. It is to be turned off during classes, okay?" She explained. Another ring came from Myeonji's hoodie pocket. She felt her cheeks warm up. The teacher giggled. "Please turn off your phone, seems like you will be getting more." She winked.

Myeonji bowed and apologized one last time to both the teachers and the students. She started walking to her desk and a few more rings rang as she was walking. This made the students laugh.

Once in her seat, Myeonji grabbed her phone and opened the Love Alarm app under her desk.