35

—SEOUL, SOUTH KOREAmagic island diner

—SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA
magic island diner

"Myeonji? Are you dozing off again?"

Myeonji straightened her position in the seat she was sitting in beside Beomgyu and looked at Hueningkai who interrupted her thoughts. Her thoughts about that phone call she had earlier. The group of teens had stayed at Soobin's house for an hour, then Hueningkai became bored so he dragged all of them to their local yet popular diner. The magic island diner.

"I'm so sorry," She rested her head on Beomgyu's shoulder as he wrapped his arms around her. "I don't know why I'm so distracted." Myeonji lied. She knew well what was bothering her, she just couldn't bring herself to tell anyone.

"No, don't apologize," Beomgyu smiled down at his girlfriend. "Maybe it's because it's almost Christmas." He nudged Myeonji.

Suddenly, Myeonji's worries were replaced by shock. Has it already been four months since she had met Beomgyu? Furthermore, 2 months since they had dated? Seems like a small amount of time but to be precise (and extra :P), it would be 121.667 days since the couple had met.

Chaewon stopped drinking her milkshake and widened her eyes at her friends. "Damn! It's almost Christmas?!" All of them went silent, as if they were fully taking in the situation.

Suddenly, Soobin smiled. "Our first ever Christmas with a new face." He chuckled, referring to Myeonji. Everyone then slowly started nodding at his statement. "How sad—" Soobin was soon punched in the shoulder by Taehyun.

"Wow, I'm honoured." Myeonji smiled making the group laugh. This was also Myeonji's first Christmas with new faces. She would usually move before Christmas wherever she stayed so she never spent the season with anyone except her family. Well, if they weren't busy.

But she kept quiet about that...

"What do you guys do during Christmas anyway?" Myeonji asked, curiosity taking over her. She assumed they always did something together because well... They're always together.

Yeonjun grinned. "All of us go to Chaewon's house and raid her table from Christmas cookies." Everyone laughed at what Yeonjun had said. Myeonji had also laughed along even though she had never seen it.

"What do you and your family do, Myeonji?" Beomgyu asked after the group had calmed down.

Myeonji's breath hitched. She didn't know why she wasn't expecting this question. The truth was, she didn't have a happy answer. Half her life, she spent her Christmases alone. Her parents always left after they had a Christmas dinner, and then the rest of the night Myeonji would just lay on her bed, doing absolutely nothing.